High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

A simple "Field Tune" For Husqvarna Autotunes...

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for posting that! Could this be why people get various dyno reading from one test to another, saw has to reset itself to give max performance? Would need a longer pull on dyno to get correct reading?

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does this do anything for the bog off idle that some of these saws have?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Ronaldo

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So with normal firewood cutting or felling would the saw actually be running long enough at full throttle to do this adjustment? I could see it working well if milling but most cuts dont last long enough. Just thinking out loud here. Thoughts??
Great video and good info! Thanks

MinnWeekendCutter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, as someone not privy to the info on the webinar; if I get a new auto tune saw, would I be smart to start it and let it idle for 3 minutes (which should be plenty for warm up as well) then do the 45 second cut as shown?
I just bought a couple and the dealer had a different idea about this. I think now mine have been ran like this video shows enough to be properly set since they run great.

Thanks for getting this information out!

Last edited:

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought the whole point if auto tune was to keep them tuned perfectly while working. Anyone can spend 3 min adjusting the low speed and 45sec adjusting the high manually. I've often thought auto tune tech is just too much to ask for it to work well.

A reset procedure is one thing, but I hope this isn't what it takes to keep the saw tuned all the time. I don't exactly want to have to find long logs and Mark them up length wise.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most of the autotune and mtronic problems comes from people running them like pussies. They aren’t made to idle all day by a chipper or cut two cookies on a Sunday and put back on the shelf. It won’t tune properly. You have to run them hard. They harder you run them... the better they seem to run. One other thing I will do that I think makes a difference is before shutting them off is to let it settle down to idle for a few seconds. Especially after a hard run.

Ronaldo

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought the whole point if auto tune was to keep them tuned perfectly while working. Anyone can spend 3 min adjusting the low speed and 45sec adjusting the high manually. I've often thought auto tune tech is just too much to ask for it to work well.

A reset procedure is one thing, but I hope this isn't what it takes to keep the saw tuned all the time. I don't exactly want to have to find long logs and Mark them up length wise.
If one is having issues with the autotune or issues with the way the saw is running this "re set" may be a great place to start.
I have had a Husqvarna 555 for 5 plus yrs and have never done any kind of re set and it runs great so its not a necessary thing unless there are problems.

big_eddy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Day to day, you start it, give it 5-10 secs on fast idle, 20-30 on idle, then run it hard. It will tune itself and improve the tune until it is optimum. Not sure exactly the frequency, but it keeps checking high speed tune regularly when running at full throttle, and the same for idle tune when idling. It can’t check high speed tune when idling of course. Once enough samples are gathered, it adjusts the tune, then repeats the process.

They reset is if it the tune is clearly off, most likely from a long time since last run. It gives the the saw a long enough period running at full throttle to set the high speed in one jump. Cutting blocks it might take two or three times as long before enough samples are gathered due to the off throttle time between cuts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So with normal firewood cutting or felling would the saw actually be running long enough at full throttle to do this adjustment? I could see it working well if milling but most cuts dont last long enough. Just thinking out loud here. Thoughts??
Great video and good info! Thanks
My question as well. Thanks for the video guys.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most of the autotune and mtronic problems comes from people running them like pussies. They aren’t made to idle all day by a chipper or cut two cookies on a Sunday and put back on the shelf. It won’t tune properly. You have to run them hard. They harder you run them... the better they seem to run. One other thing I will do that I think makes a difference is before shutting them off is to let it settle down to idle for a few seconds. Especially after a hard run.
I think this might be true for most if not all saws. With an older saw if you let it sit an idle a bunch the carb will load up and she'll start chugging, it might be misleading that the auto tune will self adjust and clean up even while idling and sitting. That old mag saw kind of demands attention for work or it'll cut out just sitting.
The modern autotune is light and nimble and attractive to the user who only wants to pull that starter once before lunch. I've been there on storm clean up were all the old guys fire the saw up and cut alittle then set it down to move branches and shoot the breeze all the while that saw is idling away , kind of ironic but if it was carburetor saw they shut it down for restart .o_O

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would like to know every detail in how autotune/mtronic works. I have an interest in programming logic. I have a hard time figuring out how to reliably trigger the exhaust brake and down shifting sequence on a Dodge truck I drive at work. Quite often it dies nothing putting the whole load on the brakes or making me have to hit the down shift button all the way.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think this might be true for most if not all saws. With an older saw if you let it sit an idle a bunch the carb will load up and she'll start chugging, it might be misleading that the auto tune will self adjust and clean up even while idling and sitting. That old mag saw kind of demands attention for work or it'll cut out just sitting.
The modern autotune is light and nimble and attractive to the user who only wants to pull that starter once before lunch. I've been there on storm clean up were all the old guys fire the saw up and cut alittle then set it down to move branches and shoot the breeze all the while that saw is idling away , kind of ironic but if it was carburetor saw they shut it down for restart .o_O
Don't understand why guys do that. Saws I own, start them, drop tree, cut limbs off, shut saw off, move brush, restart saw (usually one pull), cut tree into firewood. Like my 372 or 572 for felling, 550mk2 for brushing. 550 get started and shut down many times (dislike tripping over limbs on ground).

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't understand why guys do that. Saws I own, start them, drop tree, cut limbs off, shut saw off, move brush, restart saw (usually one pull), cut tree into firewood. Like my 372 or 572 for felling, 550mk2 for brushing. 550 get started and shut down many times (dislike tripping over limbs on ground).
Old injuries, laziness, or learned behavior. Really most people aren't familiar with chainsaw maintenance let alone operation.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I service saws for a tree co, went to test my sharpening job and the saw would die when I tried to start a cut. So I let it idle 3min and done this
20210424_192447.jpg
It's a strong runner now.

I'll wait for a hot day I'm out there and get them all setup for summer because it's about to warm up a lot here.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I service saws for a tree co, went to test my sharpening job and the saw would die when I tried to start a cut. So I let it idle 3min and done this
View attachment 292415
It's a strong runner now.

I'll wait for a hot day I'm out there and get them all setup for summer because it's about to warm up a lot here.
How deep is that cut?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk