High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

A simple "Field Tune" For Husqvarna Autotunes...

ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@kneedeepinsaws the hot restart may be a part of other variables. 1st stay off the decomp, allways in high idle and one to two purges to get any vapor bubbles out.

No decomp credit goes to @huskyboy and @afleetcommand they both reminded me of the painful hot restart problems. Both mentioned independently what AutoTune tries to achieve with decomp engaged.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If an AT saw tuned itself in the first 10 seconds of a 45 second tuning cut, does it need the remaining seconds or will stopping after it sounds good mess up the progress made?

I wonder if the first 10 seconds may sound rich because AT is waiting for the engine to get hot before tuning like how most properly tuned saws may 4 stroke occasionally until warmed up.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
4:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If an AT saw tuned itself in the first 10 seconds of a 45 second tuning cut, does it need the remaining seconds or will stopping after it sounds good mess up the progress made?

I wonder if the first 10 seconds may sound rich because AT is waiting for the engine to get hot before tuning like how most properly tuned saws may 4 stroke occasionally until warmed up.
No need to overthink it. Just cut some big wood and don’t run the saw like a pussy. Lol. I actually noticed autotune/mtronic does a better job of staying on top of the tune than I could with a screwdriver. I actually get more distracted with having to tune adjustable saws throughout the day as the temperature or elevation changes while logging. All of that is taken care of when I run my 572xp.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We get big temp swings in the warm season here up to 40-50deg from morning to afternoon. It concerns me how manual adjust ported saws will do in those conditions. I service saws for a tree co and they have a 2511t I ported. Now that it is warm, the tune became way off. I have it running good now in humid upper 70's with a quick warm up. It is rich when cold and can stall a couple times, but runs good after a couple cuts are made. My concern is: how will they use it (only one 4" cut every 2min, or also for chunking bigger wood?), and how will it perform in a 60deg morning and again in a 95deg afternoon?

Personally I keep a screwdriver handy when running a ported saw to tweak it as the weather changes, but it can be a pain if I forget to bring it, or for people who expect to never have to tune anything.

ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@huskyboy agreed, when Allan build the MK1 he said run her like a pussy and she will run like a pussy! Great minds think alike!

@huskyboy agreed, I too have noticed how well even the 1st gen saws stay in tune during our wild spring weather swings.