High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

A 361 Box of Aftermarket Parts & rehab..:)

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A Huztl 361 box of parts to saw project. A simple build with a no base gasket implementation for a compression increase.

ALSO a few thoughts on the Aftermarket Saw craze....guard was down. Never good..:)
Cases & Commentary

Final Assembly and first start

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My first of the Farmertec ‘kits’ was a 361. Mostly because it was cheap and I’ve not had one on my bench. I was so impressed that I quickly ordered another. [emoji106]

Good show my man!

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi Walt.
I hope you are getting properly on the mend , big opp the hip !
Very much enjoyed the vids (apart from seeing your obvious discomfort) on the 361. Have had a genuine 361 myself a yr or two back ,and yes, they are very "Husqvarna" (odd to talk of a Stihl in those terms I know ) like in there top end whistle with the quad porting. I mostly ran mine on a 16" 3/8 set up for hardwood work, it was excellent on the trigger so i know what you were getting at by saying you think it should have some "snap".
Be good to take a peaceful stroll round the farm and woods I bet...Best wishes
Simon

RedGas

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for making and posting up these videos. Glad to see you're on the mend. Saw looks promising! I may have to get a kit to back up my Stihl.

Teemore

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Good to see you up and about after the op. I'm not one of your subscribers but your vidoes have been my Sunday viewing for a while and may be the "inspiration" behind a few recent purchases!

RedGas

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well, AFleetCommand, you convinced me to finally pull the trigger on a kit for a 361. It will be my first build. If successful (and if the new MS200 kits turn out to be OK) I may do a tree saw next.

It sounds like you didn't use ANY OEM parts on this 361...is that correct? Or maybe everything except the brake handle (which broke?) ... sorry, I get these videos mixed up in my mind.

Now I've gotta start researching what special tools and materials I'll need...I'm a pretty decent TIG and stick welder, and have lots of junk lying around, so I end up making a lot of jigs for other things...I suspect I may need to make some jigs for this...

Does anybody have a good list of things like Dirko, etc., that I should have on hand? Thanks in advance...