High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

82 year old breaks-in the Mastermind 395XP!

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
1:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Wood Duck

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
He looks pretty tough for an 82 year old man.
He's sawed all that you can see in the pic, and a lot more that you can't see, in the last couple weeks. He's been dropping standing dead oaks and hickory's in the woods behind his house for firewood. Cuts the tops up where they fall, loads the wood into the bucket, and then skids the main log up to the house yard with my tractor to cut/split. Lot of folks half his age would struggle to keep up with him; I don't even try! Lol!

Wood Duck

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
"Gorilla Balls", I love it!!! Awesome stuff, great thread. Looks like that is his saw to me. That look on his face is saying, "Get your eyes off my saw son...don't even think about it!!!"
Yeah, I spect' he's got a spot cleared out for it already! I already know it's the only 'big" saw he'll want to use from now on. He normally prefers a 60-70cc saw for his everyday saw. I should get him a ported saw around that size I guess; but I don't know what to get him. He likes a lot of torque, but hates fiddling with a carb. A autotune/mtronic saw would be best for him I think, but a lot of the modern saws seem to lack the low-end "grunt" that he prefers. He likes a saw that pulls crazy hard with the bar buried in a log, . Maybe some of you builders could turn me on to a good ported 60-70cc AT/MT saw with butt-loads of torque for it size? If such a thing even exists, I'm not sure.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, I spect' he's got a spot cleared out for it already! I already know it's the only 'big" saw he'll want to use from now on. He normally prefers a 60-70cc saw for his everyday saw. I should get him a ported saw around that size I guess; but I don't know what to get him. He likes a lot of torque, but hates fiddling with a carb. A autotune/mtronic saw would be best for him I think, but a lot of the modern saws seem to lack the low-end "grunt" that he prefers. He likes a saw that pulls crazy hard with the bar buried in a log, . Maybe some of you builders could turn me on to a good ported 60-70cc AT/MT saw with butt-loads of torque for it size? If such a thing even exists, I'm not sure.

562XP

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
2:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
da416387f61de53ccc4ee8c4b686eccf.jpg

Torque you say?

My MS461Rs don’t need fiddling with. I haven’t touched the carbs since I pulled them little red stoppers out: they are right.

They are both Ported my the 2 builders represented in the photos of this thread.

They got the Torque.
A 32” stays on the full wrap & a 28” stays on the 3/4 wrap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder if he'll weigh it on a certified scale and join here to tell a story about what the chainsaw weighs with and without fluids and the impact it had on his day ?

I was hoping he would make 3 cuts, then check the bar temp, with his infrared gun.

Then strip the clear coat off, make 3 more cuts, and report if it ran cooler........

Wood Duck

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was hoping he would make 3 cuts, then check the bar temp, with his infrared gun.

Then strip the clear coat off, make 3 more cuts, and report if it ran cooler........
If I was to ask him, I wouldn't be able to post his reply here without being banned! Butts would be hurt, tears would be shed, and then he'd just go to bed at sundown, still smiling about it................

mcginkleschmidt

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a interesting story, both about your father and your getting busted up. It seems like you have mostly been mended back into shape after your horrific and costly accident. You're a gentleman and a scholar and a credit to your mother.............and your father. :thumbsup: