drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
5:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You have plenty of skirt length to lower that floor too. So.....not a real issue.
Not understanding. Aren’t the sides widowed on the 661? If they weren’t, what is the downside of the uppers opening into the case at TDC? Most saws do it. Asking for a friend.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It would be fine till BDC and then there would be an open void that would be getting sucked into the stream above it, that air filling the void will be from the exhaust side of the cylinder which may still have exhaust.
Do you think this would apply to a dished piston?

Been contemplating dishing pistons to reduce static compression in builds where the machine work to hit the exhaust roof I want causes excessive comp. The scavenging is what I have heard make the process unusable. I would match the crown to the squishband and only dish the area that’s directly under the chamber.

That dead space could also get short circuited out of exhaust, but loop charge inertia may pull into charge I guess as you are saying. We see short circuiting out of the exhaust frequently, can we be certain it’s during Blowdown and not as piston is rising with stagnant flow in that area?

Interesting points. I haven’t been caffeinated yet, but no drinks wearing off from tha last few days/nights either.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stroker-Ace-1983-580x400.jpg

This thing running yet?