srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
3:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

You may not need spacers if the 661 is designed to be constrained by the lower end bearing (more thrust clearance at the piston than on the crank journal, rod can go to the extremes without contacting the crank throws).

I would use the 394 bearing which is the correct size to stay centered in the 394 piston. The needles will hang a little out the edge of the rod. If the rod needs to be constrained up top, just make thrust wasters to go around the pin bearing and keep the rod centered. Use some brass, bore your ID and finish the OD, cut to correct thickness with a parting tool.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You may not need spacers if the 661 is designed to be constrained by the lower end bearing (more thrust clearance at the piston than on the crank journal, rod can go to the extremes without contacting the crank throws).

I would use the 394 bearing which is the correct size to stay centered in the 394 piston. The needles will hang a little out the edge of the rod. If the rod needs to be constrained up top, just make thrust wasters to go around the pin bearing and keep the rod centered. Use some brass, bore your ID and finish the OD, cut to correct thickness with a parting tool.

I can do that. :)

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can do that. :)

giphy.gif

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Big end is .072” pin end is .064”

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can you explain this for me Shaun? Ive been rackin this around since you posted and I would think the scavenge would not leave anything sufficient on top the crown to be concerned with?

It would be fine till BDC and then there would be an open void that would be getting sucked into the stream above it, that air filling the void will be from the exhaust side of the cylinder which may still have exhaust.