661 Oil Pump Max Output

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Read in another post here that there is a pin on the oil pump that can driven in or removed so the oil pump control bolt will go another 1/4 turn. Thought I would post some pics of the said pin and location. I pulled my pin so I could always put it back in if need be. The pin boss is deep enough to drive it in flush with the pump. If you decide to drive it in you can use a punch to drive with out taking the pump off.
IMG_0583.JPGIMG_0584.JPG

2manyhounds

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Read in another post here that there is a pin on the oil pump that can driven in or removed so the oil pump control bolt will go another 1/4 turn. Thought I would post some pics of the said pin and location. I pulled my pin so I could always put it back in if need be. The pin boss is deep enough to drive it in flush with the pump. If you decide to drive it in you can use a punch to drive with out taking the pump off.
View attachment 63702View attachment 63703
Any idea how much volume the adds?

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't have a clue. I know there are a couple of other members here that have done it hopefully they will chime in.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know how much it changes output. Should be even on fuel use or real close.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got one loop that I filed. The rest of my square is headed to a member here to grind. Maybe I can follow his angles better than the wonky factory angles
You will be able to. Factory angles are hard to replicate

2manyhounds

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread but what's the benefit of square over well filed round, I tried a buddies square and didn't see any benefit over mine, but maybe there's a difference I didn't notice

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not to hijack the thread but what's the benefit of square over well filed round, I tried a buddies square and didn't see any benefit over mine, but maybe there's a difference I didn't notice

I can't say for sure. Been years since I ran or filed square much. Pretty sure I wasn't filing it properly then.

Mdavlee can tell you. I think with square its all about proper angles. Get that right and its faster than round

2manyhounds

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I can't say for sure. Been years since I ran or filed square much. Pretty sure I wasn't filing it properly then.

Mdavlee can tell you. I think with square its all about proper angles. Get that right and its faster than round
In other words, my buddy didn't have a good angle so no gains