High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

576 issue

kpkustoms

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
OK I'm really a good mechanic not trying to toot my own horn but for real I cannot get this mother fudger to run on the high side at all I've done everything I can think of and more just to see it'll idle all day and take throttle up to like 1/4 but after that it falls on it face ive taken the carb apart (spotless) sealed the carb to intake just to see took the jug off to make sure the inpulse line wasent pluged clear removed limeters from jets tryed adjusting till the hi side was about to fall out nothin but with it out that far i got it to almost rev but still no im holping the masters on here will give me a few more things to try thanx

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
sound like a coil breaking down. i dont know if it works the same way for husqvarna but stihl coils have stages. 3 stages total. if the coil does has stages it will give the problem you are stating. also need to make sure the muffler is not starting to clog up

kpkustoms

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
OK Thanx I'll see if I can find a running g saw to swap some parts around. I'm pretty sure muffler isn't clogged but I can't take it apart so I can't rule that out til I cut it in half the coil kinda sounds right it will rev wen I first start it if I hold it wtfo when ripping the starter only dead cold

Last edited:

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its hard to pull test saws from thin air but another 575/576 would enable you to swap parts to test the carb and coil to be sure. Don't get frustrated and use the hammer just yet, the fact it will idle all day and run up to 1/4 throttle perfectly kinda points to coil. Good luck.

kpkustoms

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm starting to get on the coil bandwagon also an AT version will have a diff coil correct I think I've seen them for the 562 and there's a bunch more wires? A budie has a 576 just not sure if it AT or not

Last edited:

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm starting to get on the coil bandwagon also an AT version will have a diff coil correct I think I've seen them for the 562 and there's a bunch more wires? A budie has one just not sure if it AT or not
Did you remove your muffler screen and try running the saw. Replaced two clutch side bearings that had spun in case. Used sleeve locker on new bearings and cured problem. It is AT.

kpkustoms

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No its not at. I took screen out and it clean reinstalled

kpkustoms

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I can tell the dif between AT and non AT just have to see buddies saw haven't seen it yet just know he has one

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
if you have adjustment screw and limiter caps it not at. i sent you the manual look at the manual then you will be able to tell. but a pic posted will help us tell you

heyduke

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
OK Thanx I'll see if I can find a running g saw to swap some parts around. I'm pretty sure muffler isn't clogged but I can't take it apart so I can't rule that out til I cut it in half the coil kinda sounds right it will rev wen I first start it if I hold it wtfo when ripping the starter only dead cold

The coil on a 575/576 is common to several husqvarna saws. I had a bad coil and replaced it with one from a 385. not sure but i think that the 372 uses the same coil. if it is the coil, i bought a new one from baileys and it didn't fit. it was too fat to fit in the cavity provided in the case. it did fit in my 385 so that's where it went and the stock 385 coil stayed in the 575.

one thing i've noticed is that limited coils seem to fail more often. it sounds to me like your rpm limiter could be kicking in early.

Have you checked the flywheel/crankshaft?

if the key has sheared on the flywheel, it will be difficult to start, difficult like you have to pull really hard. have you checked the flywheel/coil gap? spark plug? this happened once to me and i found a loose spark plug. did you dump the fuel in the tank and put in fresh mix?

kpkustoms

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have checked flywheel to coil gap as I had the hole saw torn down to tig the flywheel side case I got it with a broke case kinda cheap its a new plug drained fuel did all the easy stuff first
On a good note my buddie that has the 576 I was gonna rob coil off to try it gave me the saw he said to take it its AT but it got pile drove in to the ground by a log and needs some love the tank is broke there's no rear handle at all its all busted up

kpkustoms

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Can I switch a non AT saw to AT

kpkustoms

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well the coil fit from the AT saw that was given to me today its too later to try it but I know it popped when I pulled it over I'm hoping it cures the problem.

On another note the AT carb has a super small main throttle butterfly its like 1/4 inch smaller than the choke butterfly it looks way to small to feed a 70cc saw

heyduke

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Well the coil fit from the AT saw that was given to me today its too later to try it but I know it popped when I pulled it over I'm hoping it cures the problem.

On another note the AT carb has a super small main throttle butterfly its like 1/4 inch smaller than the choke butterfly it looks way to small to feed a 70cc saw

don't worry about it. the 575/576's burn a lot less fuel and have more than ample power. google xtorq and stratified charge. i just rebuilt a 575 that was run over by the truck. the entire rear of the case broke off. now it has two new case halves, new bearings and flywheel side seal, new piston and new fuel tank. did i forget anything? anyway, get this saw running right and you'll love it. lots aof power and a wide torque band.

don't know about the conversion to at. i'd probably want to go the other way. once i get my non-at 575's set up, they're good from 5000' to 7000' no computer required.

kpkustoms

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
well her576 001.jpg e is a pic of the free saw and my saw

Attachments

• 576 002.jpg
    576 002.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 9

backhoelover