High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

572 updates

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
12:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I think they were over built in the first place, if you look at them saws they started out with full circle skirted pistons and seems to lose some material as they got bigger. Which probably counter balanced that.

I should weigh some pistons :sherlock:
Hope you have a lot of different pistons? A lot of models that follow those numbers over the years. I would agree with this. The only one with a 52mm is the 272 and that's an open skirt.
I have use the OEM 272 piston in the 365/372 & in a new yr 2010, J-Red 2165 as a Dome & flattop. I thought the J-RED was a paper light saw and I did bend the heck out of the crank in a month though. That was my only 70 class J-RED I ever owned. It would turn out I would have no crank problems with 371/365/372 in 21 yrs. I was always sceptical that they are the same cranks??? I got the brand new ported saw as a perk for taking my saw builders step son to camp. I baby sit as well..lol. I had to quit a job to go to a job where I could take him with an entry level saw ticket. I was supposed to break the Kid but I ended up breaking the saw then corrupting the Kid so I just gave them both back. Haha. Not exactly. I gave him the saw back.

The 272 open skirt has to be lighter than the 51.4 OEM and I would think the 50mm 3 series as well? I would say the 2 series XP 50 mm window is heavier than the 670 champ open skirt. The windowless SE 50mm double ring must be heavier yet. Possibly the heaviest out of the original group in question .2 rings should be more stable but more surface area dragging. Also you have open and closed port cylinders. One-piece, two piece ignitions.
Yeah a ton of differences.

Last edited:

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At the end of the day we all know the 572 should be able to handle more, it's over built construction resembles a lot of their older models that did the same. Now if they ever do offer a bigger bore remains to be seen

Last week a customer brought in 4 big saws. He's a big dude himself; the saws all have the big snow blower mitten grip starter handles. 395, 2094, 1100CD and 2100CD. Not working on all 4 of them on the same afternoon. :)

The point is that since they made saws like that we have come to expect that weight reduction has to be one of the improvements on every new model that gets introduced. More plastic and other engineering changes have been able to deliver on that expectation for a good while now. We're maybe all spoiled a little bit, but that can't go on forever. Go too far on the weight reduction and durability suffers. Husky has actually cranked it back A bit as both the 572 and 550M2 are built heavier than the saws they are replacing.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Go too far on the weight reduction and durability suffers.
Exactly. But a lot of people just cut cookies on the weekends here... which is fine... not dissing that... but they wouldn’t understand firsthand that logging is hard on everything. Machines and saws.

Last edited:

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Exactly. But a lot of people just cut cookies on the weekends here... which is fine... not dissing that... but they wouldn’t understand firsthand that logging is hard on everything. Machines and saws.

The saw weight confessions are my personal forum favorite.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now when I hike to the top of the hill with a 390 there better be some big *s-word up there for it to be worth it... lol now that is a more noticeable difference. 70 vs 90cc.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Put it this way... I was just as tired hiking to the top of the hill with the 462 as I was with the 572. It’s not a life changing difference. Lol
There's a reason many here only cut cookies:risas3:.
Thats why I promote only filling the saw half way, the saw weighs less and you also get a needed break a bit sooner :D.

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Last week a customer brought in 4 big saws. He's a big dude himself; the saws all have the big snow blower mitten grip starter handles. 395, 2094, 1100CD and 2100CD. Not working on all 4 of them on the same afternoon. :)

The point is that since they made saws like that we have come to expect that weight reduction has to be one of the improvements on every new model that gets introduced. More plastic and other engineering changes have been able to deliver on that expectation for a good while now. We're maybe all spoiled a little bit, but that can't go on forever. Go too far on the weight reduction and durability suffers. Husky has actually cranked it back A bit as both the 572 and 550M2 are built heavier than the saws they are replacing.
meh. I don't think that's so much it. My first 3 series (371) started at 5.9 kg (manual specs) That is lighter than the 462 by the *book anyway. It probably wasn't though. That was probably with a little single dog with holes in it. The drum had holes drilled through it. I believe 'JJ' way saying they had to beef up the front for longer bars. It went up to 6.2 even 6.3 kg by some stats from 5.9 in the oe 372 years.
That's .22 lb per point of a kg. (.66 lb or .88) that's a big change through the books.
Between 2/3 and 9/10 or a lb. You can add one or the other numbers on to get to 6.6kg for the book weighs of either the 372xt or the 572 XP.

They had the introduction/presentation weight and there is your bare bones needed professional weight. Husqvarna has already "bin there done that". I always did conversions back to OE but I didn't mind the 372 et weight with all the bells and whistles on top.

I think the weight 'confusion' Is driven only by low weight of the competitor's saws. I hear a few issues with the 462 coming out of the west coast. I'm hearing cases are breaking at the front??? I don't know if it is just a limiter cup? I will find out but I think you will see some beefing up and changes in the next year?

This is the bottom line: (if my sources are right which I have read in multiple 'places.)

*If the 572, is in fact replacing the 372xt then it's the same weight with 1/3 of a HP more and a stronger bottom end.
Sounds like a couple upgrades for the same weight? No?
Both listed at 6.6 KG?
576 is listed at 6.9 KG?
You could make argument that it replaced the 576 as it has 5.75 hp VS 5.7
...and 2/3 or a pound less.

Last edited:

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Idk if they are going to beef up the 572? It would be easier you would think. They have never done it before in my day though. I don't know for certain if there is differences between the the 375 k and the 75 cc,, US372xpw but I'm thinking not; therefore they already had it for a different purpose. It would be cool if they bumped it up to 51mm. Maybe see what is coming in the IPL with the concrete cutting? May be a little premature as 'you' only waited 10 yrs for the 75cc 372 ..haha.

Husqvarna and J-RED have always had a huge gap in between. It's always been 50 mm then jump up to 54 mm then 51 mm to 55 mm with the 390.

The 575/576 is a beautiful smooth work horse at a 51 mm but it fell to the 372 on points and fell to the 390 on points and the 572 matches the power.
From a professional point of view, that saw has always been neither here nor there.
That saw will be resurrected into the 682.
40 mm stroke 51mm bore with crank stuffers.

You heard it here first folks..lol

Last edited:

ferris

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now when I hike to the top of the hill with a 390 there better be some big *s-word up there for it to be worth it... lol now that is a more noticeable difference. 70 vs 90cc.
When you notice the difference between a 390 and a 572 you must also notice the difference between 462 and 572.
390–>572 = about 0,6 kg difference
462–>572 = Ta-da the same difference

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When you notice the difference between a 390 and a 572 you must also notice the difference between 462 and 572.
Empty correct, full fluids the difference is larger.[emoji111]

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sure seems like the "Brand X" guys have to keep convincing themselves they have the better saw because it weighs less, Remember this is the 572 thread. Bob started this thread to keep us posted on real world feedback on the 572, there are other threads to discuss other models.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sure seems like the "Brand X" guys have to keep convincing themselves they have the better saw because it weighs less, Remember this is the 572 thread. Bob started this thread to keep us posted on real world feedback on the 572, there are other threads to discuss other models.
Just seems to be how discussions evolve. The new kids on the block are front and center and I don’t mind the flip flopping. They’re both good saws and there is still good info flowing through this thread.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Notice it yes. Be bothered by it; not necessarily. Everybody has a comfort zone beyond which everything is considered heavy. That weight difference among saws in the 50cc class is "noticeable", but likely wouldn't bother anyone here or affect their ability to work, (not play) with the saw for a long period of time. But for many of us saws like the 390 or 395 just fall into the "too heavy" class. There's more to it than just the raw numbers.

You and WBF should get together with my good friend Walt the engineer who also likes to measure everything. We bicker about this stuff all the time. LOL

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Notice it yes. Be bothered by it; not necessarily. Everybody has a comfort zone beyond which everything is considered heavy. That weight difference among saws in the 50cc class is "noticeable", but likely wouldn't bother anyone here or affect their ability to work, (not play) with the saw for a long period of time. But for many of us saws like the 390 or 395 just fall into the "too heavy" class. There's more to it than just the raw numbers.

You and WBF should get together with my good friend Walt the engineer who also likes to measure everything. We bicker about this stuff all the time. LOL

You guys like to measure everything do ya.:risas3: Well alright then.:angel2: