572 husqvarna warranty

Scott chandler

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking for opinions / comments here - i bought a new 572 10 months ago and 14 months left on warranty. Been really hard to find dealer close that has software for electronic carb but found one. Saw has been run very little since i purchased from member last April. Saw ran great until last week. Starts idles fine but when you sink into wood and pull throttle it acts like it’s starving for fuel or cuts back and won’t full throttle. If you hold throttle open it will die. Restarts right back. I’ve replaced plug which looked new and all new fuel. The shop that can actually service newer electronic carb saw told me if he find faulty part then warranty will cover but if i left fuel in it sitting for extended period and diaphragm is bad then I pay !! Well i have a dozen husky saws and i leave fuel in them all the time and grab one and it starts runs great - some 25 years old and never turned a screw on some. So this makes me feel like shop wants to get into my wallet and i spent almost a grand on this saw. I feel like it’s carb software related and i can’t fix software related and don’t want a 200 dollar bill to pay to let him look at saw. He says he will charge to read if that’s all i want done. Saw has very few hours on it and i feel like they should at tleast check it out for free. Of course i don’t have to pay the bills the shop has so i get it but you pay this much for commercial saw the. You expect it to be problem free for years especially if you treat saws like they were your baby. What’s your thoughts ?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Take the carb apart and check the screen. Wouldn’t say they’re notorious for it, but I’ve seen 5 or 6 between my bench and on here that exhibited the same symptoms and all had a plugged carb screen

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Take the carb apart and check the screen. Wouldn’t say they’re notorious for it, but I’ve seen 5 or 6 between my bench and on here that exhibited the same symptoms and all had a plugged carb screen
Believe there has also been a tank vent issue. Pulled small screen out of vent, replaced outer screen, put it back in and problem solved.