562XP- Which Carb Now?

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
12:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I've got this 562xp that I've pieced together and today I finally attempted to start it. It's got an EL46 which I know is the troublesome carb for these saws. The saw will run with gas dumped down it's throat but the carb isn't doing it's job. If I'm going to replace it, what carb should I be using? EL44, EL48, something else?

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
9:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I could be wrong, but I think the EL-48 is the most recent iteration and people have mostly had good luck with them. I had two early saws with EL-44s and they ran flawless.

I also had one with an EL-46 and didn't have any trouble with that one either. My favorite was the earliest saw with the 44 and the first version of the rev-boost ignition. I ran
that one all through the summers of 2012 and 2013 on a contract falling job in the central Cascades.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I've got this 562xp that I've pieced together and today I finally attempted to start it. It's got an EL46 which I know is the troublesome carb for these saws. The saw will run with gas dumped down it's throat but the carb isn't doing it's job. If I'm going to replace it, what carb should I be using? EL44, EL48, something else?
Your carb might be fine, but if it isn’t matched/flashed to your coil, it won’t run

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your carb might be fine, but if it isn’t matched/flashed to your coil, it won’t run

I was talking with @PA Dan today (whilst drinking his beer and eating his pizza) and he mentioned the carb may need reflashed. It came with the coil, but I really have no idea if they were matched or not.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was talking with @PA Dan today (whilst drinking his beer and eating his pizza) and he mentioned the carb may need reflashed. It came with the coil, but I really have no idea if they were matched or not.
It’s not very often that Dan buys beer and pizza and shares it. So good move