HELP! 500i may get the parts cannon

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
2:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder if you could add a couple of drops of strait 2 stroke oil down the spark plug hole ?, to really seal those rings. I can't imagine that wouldn't raise the case pressure?
Just a thought.

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Plugged it in, told me it had thousands of start attempts, recalibrated it, ran it, watched it die. Told me it needed a new cylinder. I asked him to explain why. He said because that’s what worked with the last one.

But I’m being stubborn. I’m going to try the baro first. It’s cheaper and makes more sense to me. The saw seems to be shutting itself off. A false pressure reading could do that. Could be the main coil/processor too. I just can’t see why a clean bore with fresh rings would cause a fault.
if you can, have them plug it in and run the sensor tests, last 500i that i had in the shop had a bunch of issues, one of which was a baro/crankcase temp sensor reading -40 degrees celsius at all times, which was causing a no start... never did get it fixed though, as it needed a module, clutch side crankcase half, injector, and sensor....LOL the things that happen when a saw gets run over by a truck...