LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A98BD245-F188-42A9-90EB-B4CC04419FF7.jpeg D64E335E-228C-4EBA-A671-5CA6E2B24A28.jpeg I searched and couldn’t find the answers I’m looking for, maybe my search-fu is weak.

I’m replacing the fuel tank on a Frankenstein eBay 395xp with a new OEM tank.

The new tank has the green elbow to connect the line/vent. As shown in the photos.

Do you typically/ can you replace this with the white mesh insert? Part number?

Is it preferred one way or another. Is this green elbow and vent kit the way to go? Only way?

I don’t want to worry about this in the future and want to do it correctly the first time.

Thanks for the help all.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I do not believe they are interchangeable, the green elbow just takes a short piece of line ran to the carb box.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
12:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My preference is to get rid of that whole assembly and go with the old-style two piece vent found in the 266 tank-

https://www.partstree.com/parts/husqvarna/parts/501873101/

In order to get the old vent out, you'll need a long pair of curved needle-nose pliers. You can look up through the opening for the gas cap
and see the stem of the vent. You grip that with the pliers and gently push out. When seating the new vent, you need to be firm enough to
seat it well but not so firm that you damage it.

Last edited:

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My preference is to get rid of that whole assembly and go with the old-style two piece vent found in the 266 tank-

https://www.partstree.com/parts/husqvarna/parts/501873101/

In order to get the old vent out, you'll need a long pair of curved needle-nose pliers. You can look up through the opening for the gas cap
and see the stem of the vent. You grip that with the pliers and gently push out. When seating the new vent, you need to be firm enough to
seat it well but not so firm that you damage it.

So the 395 tank is compatible with the linked older style vent assembly? once you remove what comes on it from factory, green elbow thing..?

Just trying to make sure I'm understanding everything properly.