372xp Cracked Case

Rodney

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Just wanted to follow up...
Leerod83 sent me an OEM case half for the cost of shipping!
It’s gonna be a month or two before I get the time to split the old case and rebuild the saw. I’ll make sure to follow up on this thread when I get the saw back together again. I’m typically a “lurker” and don’t tend to post often on forums but you guys have been really helpful! I’ll try and be more active and “chime in” when I feel I have some insight that may help.
Special thanks to Leerod83 and I really appreciate everyone else’s help!

I’ve gotten pretty decent at carb rebuilds and general small engine tinkering but I’ve never torn a saw or engine down and put it back together again. This is a challenge I’m looking forward to! I don’t mind spending money on this project because I know it’ll be a great learning experience. I’ll be glad to buy whatever tools and parts ensure a successful project. Feel free to suggest any parts you feel may help. Here’s what I’m thinking so far...

Case splitter
Clutch tool
Seals and bearings
Gaskets
Replace rings while I’m in there

That’s all I’ve got for now.

Last edited:

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
9:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm new to case up rebuilds and so far have gotten away with an electric heat gun to warm the bearing pockets and a softfaced hammer to tap the crank end out of the bearing or case.
What i wouldn't be without is my mattyo installation tool. He's a member here and does (long) vids on YT. The tool pulls crank thru bearings cold using the correct surfaces to push against. I'm sure there's others that work same, but i can only recommend what i've used.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
4mm and 5mm t handles makes them easy to tear down
I don't use cordless impacts for assembly.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm new to case up rebuilds and so far have gotten away with an electric heat gun to warm the bearing pockets and a softfaced hammer to tap the crank end out of the bearing or case.
What i wouldn't be without is my mattyo installation tool. He's a member here and does (long) vids on YT. The tool pulls crank thru bearings cold using the correct surfaces to push against. I'm sure there's others that work same, but i can only recommend what i've used.

Did someone say long vids?

Rodney

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Cool,
got the heat gun, will pick up some T handle Allen’s and a Mightyvac pressure tester...been wanting one of those. Will also research other case assembly tools as well. I’ll check out those Mattyo videos as well
Thanks fellas!