HUSQVARNA 365 identification and 372 conversion

Riftweaver

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not a big husky guy but I've been blessed with a bunch of parts in a box. The saw parts are 365 parts. The stickers on the recoil say nothing more than 365. They don't say special and they also don't say XP.

I have read that some people do a 365Xp to 372Xp upgrade which is just a cylinder and piston because the lower end is the same. (I know you can also upgrade the filter base, filter and cover as well). My cylinder and piston are scrap so as long as I am replacing it, I may as well upgrade to more Hooskies.

So, I am assuming I have a basic 365. Can I do the upgrade up to a 372XP to a base 365? Anything else I need to watch for? It seems like the usual base gasket delete is also a common thing on these. Check the squish, muffler mod, etc.

All I have is a box of parts that was at one time rental parts at a local Home Depot. (Years ago!)

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
11:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does the 365 cylinder have closed transfer ports and a clamp on intake or open transfers and a bolt on one?

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Im the same way with huskies. From my experience, either they fit easy, or 95% of the saw is bass akwards. I think everything with the 365-372 is relatively the same. Someone should be along soon to clarify

82f100swb

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your saw will most likely be an open port with a bolted on intake.
You will need the boot and clamp at minimum, but it likley has a Zama carb too. Most will recommend swapping it for the later Walboro.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not a big husky guy but I've been blessed with a bunch of parts in a box. The saw parts are 365 parts. The stickers on the recoil say nothing more than 365. They don't say special and they also don't say XP.

I have read that some people do a 365Xp to 372Xp upgrade which is just a cylinder and piston because the lower end is the same. (I know you can also upgrade the filter base, filter and cover as well). My cylinder and piston are scrap so as long as I am replacing it, I may as well upgrade to more Hooskies.

So, I am assuming I have a basic 365. Can I do the upgrade up to a 372XP to a base 365? Anything else I need to watch for? It seems like the usual base gasket delete is also a common thing on these. Check the squish, muffler mod, etc.

All I have is a box of parts that was at one time rental parts at a local Home Depot. (Years ago!)
Post some pics

Riftweaver

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your saw will most likely be an open port with a bolted on intake.
You will need the boot and clamp at minimum, but it likley has a Zama carb too. Most will recommend swapping it for the later Walboro.

I'll check for the boot style and I will check on carb Mfr. as well. I think there are 2 of them in the box. What is the Walbro number that I would be looking for if they are Zama?

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is a darn good price for OEM! Better get them while they last.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All you need is a top end. Bolt on. The carb is a matter of opinion. Personally I'd try it. If you run across an HD-12 it's an easy swap.