High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

34LG chain

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
8:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Was just filing some 33 SL 78dl for a guy yesterday. Hate that version.

Got a new loop of LPX laid out to show him when he comes in. ;) Much better chain IMO.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
8:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Thinking I had some stock chain pics somewhere. These was all 4 of the listed chains that was tested stock in that thread.

I never was good at getting a chain pic worth a crap.

cbo325sa.jpg cbo325s.jpg

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Reuse the preset that you punched out off the roll.

Correct, make sure the punch is dead center on the 2 rivet heads to not deform so bad that you can't get the side strap back on it.
You may need a small 4mm or smaller socket and a small hammer to get them mated together.
Then use the hammer to finish the rivets when the loop is joined.
I have done this a few times but as a rookie I feel like I am short
cutting. No I am not against a short cut but concerned if Safety is compromised a whisker or a lot. I have done this for myself but now I have a roll that will make 5 or 6 loops and a friend that wants 2 loops. I hate to wait as well as pay for a pack of presets that will be partially used, and then possibly mixed in with other ones. (Always try to keep sorted but all it takes is an OOPs ) Only asking if you still do this and have had good luck doing so. I have breakers and spinners a Cast iron Tacomec set ( a breaker and 2 spinners for small and larger chain). and an old cast Homelite set Thanks for any replies.. Larry

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you got a spinner that's got an anvil for .250 -.325 it will form a nice clean rivet head on that used preset only smaller diameter

Most of my bike saw (well over 30hp) practice chains have reused presets to join up the loops.
Never broke a loop yet in 36 years.
My last 100 foot roll of chain I reused half of the presets . Still got lots of new presets left over.

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you got a spinner that's got an anvil for .250 -.325 it will form a nice clean rivet head on that preset only smaller diameter

Most of my bike saw (wellbover 30hp) practice chains have reused presets to join up the loops.
Never broke a loop yet.
My last 100 foot roll of chain I reused half of the presets . Still got lots of new presets left over.
Thank You Your reply is comforting ,, I will be careful to hit dead center on the rivet head. I have good luck with spinning the rivet using marvel mystery oil on die and rivet head with light pressure on the anvil to start.

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lubricant is important when spinning. I use Slick 50 (the original formula) from the early '80s.
When you punch out those 2 rivets don't punch out one first. Punch them both equally back and forth until their free that way you won't bent the side strap and mushroom the rivets.

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lubricant is important when spinning. I use Slick 50 (the original formula) from the early '80s.
When you punch out those 2 rivets don't punch out one first. Punch them both equally back and forth until their free that way you won't bent the side strap and mushroom the rivets.
I did figure that out, but hopefully for hysterical sake, readers down the line will benefit.
The wealth of information this site has because of members like you is mind boggling.