High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

346NE vs 254XP vs 55CP...Sibling Rivalry. Results are in!!!!

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now I’m kinda wondering what cc my 51 was. Always thought it was a 51 cc but doesn’t make much sense to have the 51 and 55 having the same cc. Maybe it was just porting that made the difference? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

51 open port. 55 closed port. Both 45mm

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok I think I have this correct.. the 55 CP was in production before the 55 OP. Pretty certain all 55 OP were 46mm. The 55 CP is a trick, being 45mm the only windowed piston available is through Lil Red Barn. Nobody else makes a windowed 45mm piston for the CP 55. And this is not to be confused with the CP conversion cylinder kits available from HL Supply, they are CP but 46mm. So the stand alone windowed CP piston they sell is only for the 46mm CP cylinder... Confused yet?? Lol!

Pretty sure Walt and Bob have a saw college vid on this family of saws that explains the whole progression of changes

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok I think I have this correct.. the 55 CP was in production before the 55 OP. Pretty certain all 55 OP were 46mm. The 55 CP is a trick, being 45mm the only windowed piston available is through Lil Red Barn. Nobody else makes a windowed 45mm piston for the CP 55. And this is not to be confused with the CP conversion cylinder kits available from HL Supply, they are CP but 46mm. So the stand alone windowed CP piston they sell is only for the 46mm CP cylinder... Confused yet?? Lol!

Pretty sure Walt and Bob have a saw college vid on this family of saws that explains the whole progression of changes

Sounds more like regression then progression to me.

skidder

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We all got our new chains today. Just got done BSing with joe in the barn and he made the mistake of leaving his 346 on my bench. What to do...what to do:devil:. Lol!

Backwards chain? Take the clutch dogs out? Wrap the starter rope backwards? Hook the plug wire to the handle???? Zap zap with every attempt to start?? Oh wait....... the Squatch 55 is there too........ ummmmmmmmmm yeah, I wouldn’t mess with it...... that’d be mean.....

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Backwards chain? Take the clutch dogs out? Wrap the starter rope backwards? Hook the plug wire to the handle???? Zap zap with every attempt to start?? Oh wait....... the Squatch 55 is there too........ ummmmmmmmmm yeah, I wouldn’t mess with it...... that’d be mean.....
Was wondering if you were gonna realize your Saw is here too...lol!

skidder

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I still think the Squatch 55 is coming in the underdog and will be making a statement. As long as I don’t burn it down tuning it myself......... frickin carbs....... black magic voodoo anyway. Lol!!

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still think the Squatch 55 is coming in the underdog and will be making a statement. As long as I don’t burn it down tuning it myself......... frickin carbs....... black magic voodoo anyway. Lol!!
Ball busting aside, I’ll help you with your tune