davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
5:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gonna clean it up and see how far I can get this weekend.

Got a carb. Mainly need ignition and trigger I think. I know someone told me where to get a trigger recently and now I don’t remember where. HL has AM, but I think there was an OEM for $10?

Last edited:

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ordered deflector. Realized I need a Op pres lever. Moment of weakness and ordered a full wrap. Never have sat down with the IPL or tried to assemble, keep getting side tracked. Need to steam clean some more stubborn crusties off and then I’ll assemble. Have bearings seals gaskets carb…

288 nerds: what hardware am I missing :D
D4150DA8-666D-45A1-BA32-E7DE13E14838.jpeg

@northwest saws

Last edited:

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
8:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
that round head philips screw in the center bottom of the pic might be from a 394 395 air jet

dunno where that hex head bolt came from

missing the rear crank bolt m5x20mm ithink

just off the top of my head :)

Benwa

I love the smell of premix in the morning
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ordered deflector. Realized I need a Op pres lever. Moment of weakness and ordered a full wrap. Never have sat down with the IPL or tried to assemble, keep getting side tracked. Need to steam clean some more stubborn crusties off and then I’ll assemble. Have bearings seals gaskets carb…

288 nerds: what hardware am I missing :D
View attachment 314352
It's a mundane and not hardly needed screw, but the short Phillips screw in the pic might be (the regularly flat head screw) that secures the rear tab of the intake horn to the case. Not sure if low top intake horn has the same rear tab as the high top intake horn for the HD filter.

Also missing the course thread screws for the handle bar, although they may be coming with your full wrap? Most factory full wraps I've ordered only come with the one or two additional screws needed to install full wrap.

There is also one more course thread screw (I believe the same as the ones used for bottom of the handle bar) needed to mount the front 7th mount spring bracket to the bottom of the tank.

Side note, verify that the Allen heads of the long carb bolts are not stripped out. The lower left one is not easily accessed with everything on the saw & is often boogered because of it.

Last edited:

Benwa

I love the smell of premix in the morning
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mind you this is a 181se case and 181 52mm cylinder with 288 carb & parts swapped on. I have no idea what tank is off of or what mish-mash of parts are swapped installed. Here is one more assembly idiosyncrasy I ran into. Something to verify when you're that far along.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow, I was mostly kidding on the bolts but looks like you guys do have it down. Convenient you just went thru one Ben. Ordered OP lever and loaded clutch cover last night. Guess I better get going. Gonna be a funny half and half mix of ugly and new parts, ha! Maybe I should paint the cases. I also need to scrounge up bolts for the starter. I probably have some. Then some helicoils or keenserts…

Last edited:

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow, I was mostly kidding on the bolts but looks like you guys do have it down. Convenient you just went thru one Ben. Ordered OP lever and loaded clutch cover last night. Guess I better get going. Gonna be a funny half and half mix of ugly and new parts, ha! Maybe I should paint the cases. I also need to scrounge up bolts for the starter. I probably have some. Then some helicoils or keenserts…
I think I have a can of OEM Husky paint floating around if you want it.