2017 MMWS GTG Box Saw Build Off Rules

morewood

Mr. Awesome
Local time
9:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have found that in 'fun' contests like this the rules are only there for guidance of what to work around. My porting knowledge is nil, but I do know how to read the rules. Personally I would take the prize money out of it, do it for fun. Use that money to help with set up of such an event. I've got to find a Stihl mount bar that size now.

Shea

Also, all the saws should be run before we call the classes. Kind of a way of not knowing whats under the hood....how confident are you?

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have found that in 'fun' contests like this the rules are only there for guidance of what to work around. My porting knowledge is nil, but I do know how to read the rules. Personally I would take the prize money out of it, do it for fun. Use that money to help with set up of such an event. I've got to find a Stihl mount bar that size now.

Shea

Also, all the saws should be run before we call the classes. Kind of a way of not knowing whats under the hood....how confident are you?
They'll have to be run when you get there. Hard to set up for 2k plus feet if you don't live at that elevation already

morewood

Mr. Awesome
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They'll have to be run when you get there. Hard to set up for 2k plus feet if you don't live at that elevation already

I meant that they run the event before they say which class they are in. Would make some interesting side bets I bet. I understand the tuning and such, I live at that elevation myself.

Shea

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I meant that they run the event before they say which class they are in. Would make some interesting side bets I bet. I understand the tuning and such, I live at that elevation myself.

Shea
Ok gotcha. A few may be running different fuel so it wouldn't be hard to tell those.

morewood

Mr. Awesome
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
7 or 8 pin in class 1/2? Didn't know if this variable was eliminated or not.

Shea

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
8:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have found that in 'fun' contests like this the rules are only there for guidance of what to work around. Personally I would take the prize money out of it, do it for fun.
Couldn't agree more.

If I win (not likely) I will be donating my winnings to the hostess with the leastest calfs.