Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
11:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a hd11 when I decided to build a hybrid. I was told that was the best one for that build
Best bang for the buck. It's about half the price of the hd50 carb and it's a direct fit without having to change the choke rod or the control lever.

Canadian farm boy

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now you tell me!!!!

Just kidding, I'm looking forward to testing them all!
Mike, at the time I didn't know about the HD11 carb. DDave hooked me up with one at the NY gtg and I tried it out once I got home. I was truly surprised at how much of a difference it made on my saw

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mike, at the time I didn't know about the HD11 carb. DDave hooked me up with one at the NY gtg and I tried it out once I got home. I was truly surprised at how much of a difference it made on my saw

Better than the HD-50?? or just better than the HD-16???

It would make sense that with installing lower restriction air filters (like HD-2), and modding the muffs, that the saw would respond to a richer mixture.

I also may test a AM filter against a real HD-2.

Canadian farm boy

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Better than the HD-50?? or just better than the HD-16???

It would make sense that with installing lower restriction air filters (like HD-2), and modding the muffs, that the saw would respond to a richer mixture.

I also may test a AM filter against a real HD-2.
I can't say that it's any better or worse then the HD50. I haven't done any timed cutting tests. What I can say is that it's a lot better then the HD16 or the zama that I had tried on my saw previously. I don't need to do any timed tests to know that. The difference was that noticeable to me