High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

You know you have an issue when you would part with a 372xp over your beloved 038 Magnum....

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
4:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Aftermarket sure doesn't have the snap of the oem cylinders in a 372. I felt the oem 365 closed port cylinder ran better than the big bore I had on my 372.

Yep agreed that is why I went for a Meteor kit as they look pound for pound the same as an OEM in the transfers, exhaust, inlet and port bevelling. It all is spot on. And the piston's are damn nice..

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
4:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So they have both been out today cutting 18" maple end grain. Yes I am lazy and could not be bothered to split it. Then again it's too green and would not split. Anyway to the point, the 372xp with a new o ring and crank seals and around 8 tanks has put the 038 magnum to bed. Clear cut. To top it off I tuned this MS390 (modded and advanced) I have acquired. Not a bad saw but no comparison at all.. end of the story is that this 372xp is outclassing the Mag. Damn it..

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Not trying to be a wiseguy at all, but I'm really not surprised by that outcome. Think of it like this, most of us LOVE a classic muscle car, take my personal favorite, the Chevelle SS454 for example. I love everything about that car, the looks, the classic rat rumble with very respectable horsepower out of the box. Now take and compare it stock for stock with a brand new Camaro SS. With about 250hp more in a lighter and better handling machine the Camaro will generally stomp the old Chevelle in almost any type of challenge. So all that said, newer tech generally outperforms older tech in comparable equipment. Kind of the same thing here. Now compare a Stihl model more the equal of the 372 in terms of time it was developed and size and things will be very close across the board. I'm guessing the 441 would be the more comparable model??

I'm sure that once this new Husky 57x comes out, we will be saying the same things only the old 372 will be on the losing end.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
11:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So they have both been out today cutting 18" maple end grain. Yes I am lazy and could not be bothered to split it. Then again it's too green and would not split. Anyway to the point, the 372xp with a new o ring and crank seals and around 8 tanks has put the 038 magnum to bed. Clear cut. To top it off I tuned this MS390 (modded and advanced) I have acquired. Not a bad saw but no comparison at all.. end of the story is that this 372xp is outclassing the Mag. Damn it..
A 044 will stomp a 038 pretty sure too. Think of it like this, why would they replace the old model with something slower? The 038's are tough that's the reputation they have I keep hearing though.

Last edited: