WANTED WtB Canadian Stihl MS261 type II

Trader history (0)

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
i have spoken with a dealer who claims the opposite. just not received the new model yet.

I worked for Stihl Canada for many years and I'll bet the dealer is off on his pricing he's quoting you . The USD$ has effected the prices up here so much in the last year I don't think that would even cover his cost . There is not the mark up that used to be unfortunately . I'll see if I can contact the Company and see what's up with this new model or you can call up Stihl Canada yourself , the toll free number may work from the US . Just google Stihl Canada and the contact info and you can ask for Greg Byers in the Tech dept , he should have the info on the new model or will pass you on to someone that may help .

michaelmj11

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I worked for Stihl Canada for many years and I'll bet the dealer is off on his pricing he's quoting you . The USD$ has effected the prices up here so much in the last year I don't think that would even cover his cost . There is not the mark up that used to be unfortunately . I'll see if I can contact the Company and see what's up with this new model or you can call up Stihl Canada yourself , the toll free number may work from the US . Just google Stihl Canada and the contact info and you can ask for Greg Byers in the Tech dept , he should have the info on the new model or will pass you on to someone that may help .

Well that's cool, thank you for the tip and the advice.