wrenches

cantgitright

i am Mastermind's other profile
Local time
12:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
i wont use cutting/grinding attachments that spin from the bargain stores
+1 Pferd, Rex cut, 3M, and Norton in that order is all I run.......its even worse for the stuff for die grinders...way higher speeds than regular electric grinder

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
+1 Pferd, Rex cut, 3M, and Norton in that order is all I run.......its even worse for the stuff for die grinders...way higher speeds than regular electric grinder
ProStar by Praxair(i buy them from the local welding shop) is what my grinding wheels are and Bibielle for roloc discs because they are relatively affordable as long as you buy a couple hundred at a time, 3m roloc discs are over a buck each no matter how many you buy

Reactions: DSS

cantgitright

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
ProStar by Praxair(i buy them from the local welding shop) is what my grinding wheels are and Bibielle for roloc discs because they are relatively affordable as long as you buy a couple hundred at a time, 3m roloc discs are over a buck each no matter how many you buy
90% of what I run is Pferd, their roloc stuff comes in 50, or 100 count boxes... their cutting wheels don't blow apart like most others, even if they are broken they just shred instead of breaking into large pieces...
most people don't know that grinding wheels have a shelf life, theres usually a date somewhere on the wheel, but sometimes its on the box...

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Time for some edumacation, Three old 1/4 drive ratchets. Bonney, S&K and an snap on made in 1945. It has US engaved on the side. My father brought this home from the war. also have a set of sockets with it. Now for the edumacation. Did you know back then these were called midget ratchets and were not 1/4 inch. They were 9/32 back then. The ratchet has a G stamped on it which if you look at the chart E and G are Emerg Govm't. I have the original sockets by snap on that fit it, I tried 1/4 and they are too small.

Below is a link to the chart and a tool forum for the story.

http://www.collectingsnapon.com/index.php?page=Data_Chart/Date Chart

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24690

View attachment 18177
I could be wrong and this may have been covered but I believe the emergency/ govt. issue snap on are also not covered at all as far as a warranty if any sort. No replacement

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Highly possible, I will never use it anyway and definitely don't want a new one for it.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back on the cutoff wheel Walter zip is what I buy they haven't exploded on me yet . Everyone be careful w those things! Spend the *f-wordin money on good ones my neighbor lost an eye to one last year

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back on the cutoff wheel Walter zip is what I buy they haven't exploded on me yet . Everyone be careful w those things! Spend the *f-wordin money on good ones my neighbor lost an eye to one last year
was he wearing safety glasses?

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a full face shield that I wear when I use my bench grinder. When the wire wheels wear down they start throwing out shards. Had them stick in my pants leg, would not want one in my eye.

cantgitright

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 18303 Wire wheel wear y'all glasses or face shields that b my arm las summer
yup, pretty common for wire cups or wheels on a grinder... I'm pretty particular when it comes to those too, Advance Brush = (Pferd) or Weiler brush is all ill run

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score