High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

wrenches

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
10:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Spent the whole day wrenching on my daily driver doing preventive maintenance work.

I have some nice wrenches, and some not so nice wrenches, but they all get the jobs done. I have a set of combination gear wrenches...I really like the ratcheting box end, but strongly dislike the open end as the jaws are soft and spread .

I love my old snap-ons sets.. I choose not to afford buying new snap-on tools.

Curious if anyone has intel on some great wrenches...something so good that you would recommend a guy going out and buying.

20160320_140101-1.jpg

skidooguy

Genuine smartass
Local time
10:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Armstrong is an excellent brand but very pricey. I have a lot of wright tools and have never had issues with them at all. I used to buy a lot of napa pro series but when they switched to Carlyle tools I have had nothing but crap luck with their tools since. I mainly went with wright tools due to there being a dealer locally and no Armstrong support in my village.

cantgitright

i am Mastermind's other profile
Local time
12:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Armstrong is an excellent brand but very pricey. I have a lot of wright tools and have never had issues with them at all. I used to buy a lot of napa pro series but when they switched to Carlyle tools I have had nothing but crap luck with their tools since. I mainly went with wright tools due to there being a dealer locally and no Armstrong support in my village.
have you looked into SK? http://www.skhandtool.com/
i don't have anything new since they were bought out by Ideal a few years ago, but Ideal makes quality tools, so i would imagine they have kept SK a quality brand...still lifetime warranty, and made in USA....

olympyk_999

there is no better mod than CANTGITRIGHT!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 16112
Just a thought, Olymprik...
that's a kind thought there Bernie Jr. but i will have you know my mom already has me on the 10mg of Ritalin...and I'm just fine!
my brother Cantgitright on the other hand is on 20X the dosage and it still has no effect on his "condition"....dad say he is going to have to "take him out back" one of these days...whatever that means? maybe i'll get to go too:aaaaa:

anyway...sorry for my brother's outburst towards you...but please keep me out of it.
Thanks

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have some Sunex sockets and really like them. I've been told there wrenches are good for the money, but I don't have any.
I have a set of International wrenches my grandpa bought in the 70s they have been great.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Twisted shank Gearwrench combos. Lay in your hand as well as any SnapOn. But I think they're discontinued.

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Proto and Williams are another good brand that have been around for many years. No American made tool is going to be cheap, but Snap on is way overpriced IMO. The big argument for them over the years is they will replace one if it breaks, well hell HF will do the same with their Chinese stuff. which BTW the Pittsburgh line is not that bad a tool. I carry them in the truck cause if they get stolen then money wise I haven't lost much, but I have yet to break a wrench or socket and have abused them pretty good.

Most of my tools are older Craftsman and Snap on, I have all kinds of names mixed in. Have a bunch of Bonney tools. they were an excellent tool. If you go to flea markets and pawn shops you can pick up some good stuff for cheap every now and then. I know a guy that does that and he has a slew of quality tools made in America he bought for cheap.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spent the whole day wrenching on my daily driver doing preventive maintenance work.

I have some nice wrenches, and some not so nice wrenches, but they all get the jobs done. I have a set of combination gear wrenches...I really like the ratcheting box end, but strongly dislike the open end as the jaws are soft and spread .

I love my old snap-ons sets.. I choose not to afford buying new snap-on tools.

Curious if anyone has intel on some great wrenches...something so good that you would recommend a guy going out and buying.

View attachment 16086
http://www.toolbarn.com/wright-952.html

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been on a tool buying spree over the past year, mostly at pawn shops. I have picked up lots of wrenches including some of the brands listed. I have picked up Williams, Thorsen, Armstrong, Bonney, Plvmb, S-K, K-D, Craftsman, Mac, Snap-on, Blue Point, Indestro, etc.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a lot of old craftsman that have been serving me very well. Lately when I've been picking up the Menards house branded tools, they are Masterforce. A majority of them are USA made. Lifetime warranty too.

I ended up wrecking a 3/8 ratchet a year or so back. I used it as a breaker bar with a pipe...
I took it back and they had me swap it out with a new one off the shelf.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a lot of old craftsman that have been serving me very well. Lately when I've been picking up the Menards house branded tools, they are Masterforce. A majority of them are USA made. Lifetime warranty too.

I ended up wrecking a 3/8 ratchet a year or so back. I used it as a breaker bar with a pipe...
I took it back and they had me swap it out with a new one off the shelf.
And thats why they call you Genius. Use a 1/2 breaker bar.