High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Wood working projects

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Alright chaps I want to start a thread of photos showing your best woodworking projects, I figure you sumbiches must have Made some fancy stuff out of wood, let's see it!

I'll start it off, here's my laminated bend shaft black walnut and hard maple canoe paddle, hand carved. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

TimRD

Makin' Little Ones Out of Big Ones
Local time
9:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Alright chaps I want to start a thread of photos showing your best woodworking projects, I figure you sumbiches must have Made some fancy stuff out of wood, let's see it!

I'll start it off, here's my laminated bend shaft black walnut and hard maple canoe paddle, hand carved.

Did you bend the shaft for the paddle using steam? Looks great, awesome work. Now you need another paddle and a canoe!

Maybe you can hollow out the rest of the big tree you were milling.

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Damn that's some beautiful work there chaps!!

Did you bend the shaft for the paddle using steam? Looks great, awesome work. Now you need another paddle and a canoe!

Maybe you can hollow out the rest of the big tree you were milling.

I used 3/16 strips of alternate walnut and hard maple and layered them up with epoxy then clamped the suckers down to a former. Safe to say a bloody awkward job!

That tree has since been turned into firewood, should see this winter out once I've split it all. Man I need a hydraulic splitter...

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There sure does seem to be a whole bunch of really talented guys around this forum. Amazing stuff guys. Everything you have all posted pictures of looks awesome

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The projects look good. I like to see the tools used to build them. Sometimes that is the real mark of a craftsman. Anyone know what a Smithway 2x4 is?

John Wargo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not technically wood project but I am starting a countertop job. LG Hi Macs solid surface material. Messy as hell but it pays the bills. Hard to believe that the glue gun for doing this cost as much as my Echo 355t top handle saw. LOLIMG_20170524_212512307.jpg

John Wargo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The projects look good. I like to see the tools used to build them. Sometimes that is the real mark of a craftsman. Anyone know what a Smithway 2x4 is?
I had to look it up and it's a moulding machine. Love my tools and what I've created with them.