High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Raffle for OPE Member "Tree Monkey" - 30+ prizes worth over $6,000!

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
3:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just fyi....I couldn't see your comment because it's stuck in my quote.

Pretty sure it isn't right to ship junk....pretty sure sayin so isn't classified as being whiney either.
Refer to post #476. Pretty sure it explains what you'd be getting. What may be considered complete junk to you may not be to others. And yes I think posting this garbage here is disrespectful and it pisses me off. This is the last post you'll see from me on this subject.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very generous scott....thanks. the 35 lbs of chain that is left does have life left. I do need to sort it...and trade it to someone for something I can use. It is unlikely for me to find chain in there I can actually use myself.

I dunno if I have any bars for ya. I'll be in touch...thanks!

Hold up Matt. You got 35lbs of usable chain? Well hell......why are you complaining?

Michigan Escapee

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Refer to post #476. Pretty sure it explains what you'd be getting. What may be considered complete junk to you may not be to others. And yes I think posting this garbage here is disrespectful and it pisses me off. This is the last post you'll see from me on this subject.

Cultural thing, the younger generations have no idea what a "White Elephant Sale" is, similar things to it{raffles,etc} or why it exists. Yes, many cool things on the list, and if you are not super into chainsaws, there were food items, and some other things. About 15 out of 1000 odds you would get top of the pile stuff, and the rest, oh well, grab a shirt, some oil, a tool, etc. If you're looking for a bargain, hit craigslist or a garage sale, not a charity raffle. The math is pretty simple, 50+ win something. 940 odd tickets win nada, all you get is to know you helped someone on the brink of disaster. Well, one worse than just living in Wisconsin, and along this years major storm highway. lol! :D

Sarahdodgegeek

Creepy Treemonkey Groupie
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok ok, let's move on, fellas. I'm going to offer a compromise. I think valley firewood offered this as a prize with pure intentions. We all can draw different conclusions and wind up with different expectations from a description. It's unfortunate that they did not match in this case. Mattyo, please send your address and size to me and Randy& I will be sure you get a cool monkey T-shirt out of the deal.
Let's let bygones be bygones and move on!!!

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hold up Matt. You got 35lbs of usable chain? Well hell......why are you complaining?

Please re read my original pm to you.

#2 if you had told me to drop it I would have

#3 now that you say drop it I'll drop it.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the offer....let someone more deserving than me have the shirt though...I'm good.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i think i was number 86 but glad to help scott and hoping things get better for him and send him some business when he is back to his old self. so think of it that way

Sarahdodgegeek

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Alright, ALRIGHT... What happened to this place? No one wants to claim a stinking prize anymore? Come-on, folks. Let's be done with this.
Not sure where we left off. Please be respectful and either pass or play asap.
Rodney Witmer
malk315
Tor Raymond Haagenson
Tom Burton
Roadfxr
Brian Johannessen
Struggle
Fred Von Stein
Mark Kohler - shirt
JeffGU
Michael Toath
Brian Larson
SOS Ridgeride -shirt

Last edited:

dieselfitter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sarah, I've been having trouble keeping track of prizes left.
Regardless, I see my brother mark Kohler 8th on the remaining list. If there are shirts left at that point, he would like a 2xl.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see I'm the last on this list. If there's shirts left when you get to me, I'll take a medium. Please, and thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michigan Escapee

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmm, you could see if anyone on the list wanted the chainsaw bar blueing, etc and the rest, just get t-shirt sizes and addresses.

I think that's what its down to now.

Sarahdodgegeek

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sarah, I've been having trouble keeping track of prizes left.
Regardless, I see my brother mark Kohler 8th on the remaining list. If there are shirts left at that point, he would like a 2xl.
Perfect. Thank you!
Only things left are shirts and the bar bluing, which I can't believe people aren't claiming!!!

DELETED (Struggle)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Does bluing a bar harden it? I have no idea what the advantage is. I would take a shirt XXL or XL if that works better, but then I will have to lose weight to wear it

Sent from somewhere

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Alright, ALRIGHT... What happened to this place? No one wants to claim a stinking prize anymore? Come-on, folks. Let's be done with this.
Not sure where we left off. Please be respectful and either pass or play asap.
Rodney Witmer
malk315
Tor Raymond Haagenson
Tom Burton
Roadfxr
Brian Johannessen
Struggle
Fred Von Stein
Mark Kohler - shirt
JeffGU
Michael Toath
Brian Larson
SOS Ridgeride -shirt

Rodney passed, I'm pretty sure @malk315 picked a shirt. It should be Tor's turn.

Michigan Escapee

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does bluing a bar harden it? I have no idea what the advantage is. I would take a shirt XXL or XL if that works better, but then I will have to lose weight to wear it

Sent from somewhere

Bluing is essentially a way to oxidize a metal to a steady state so that corrosion can't form on it. On most steels used for chainsaw
bars corrosion is not much of an issue. Composition is something like this (for stihl bars) http://zknives.com/knives/steels/UNE/f.5220.shtml
High carbon/moly steel like the old bars from the 70s and before can benefit from it. Modern bars have a nice amount of silicon in em, which increases wear resistance, corrosion resistance, etc. Well, you can read it on the cheat sheet. http://www.substech.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=effect_of_alloying_elements_on_steel_properties

So, mostly cosmetic on a modern bar. And even when it was a popular method of corrosion inhibiting, it was done because it was cheap. Much like zinc coating various metal products(fencing, pipe, etc). Later a new process evolved that was a bastard stepchild, caller parkerizing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkerizing Cheaper, more durable, seems to hold oil a little better. Comes in mud/clay color, and black. The later version does give some improvement of wear resistance, and comes with an very unweildly name. ;) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferritic_nitrocarburizing Is seen on the metal slide of your average glock.

Of course, everything described in the previous paragraph can be called "bluing", because your average gun nut doesn't know jack about a given process, they just get it out of a box and follow the instructions like someone about to dye their hair. lol! Will it cause flipper babies? Who knows? MSDS sheet? What's that? :D

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/metal-prep-coloring/index.htm