High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Raffle for OPE Member "Tree Monkey" - 30+ prizes worth over $6,000!

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He posted he wants a large tshirt.
Rodney Witmer is up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I gotta say something here. I just got a message that Valley Firewood sent out a box of mostly scrap metal for the chains he donated.

It's great to jump in and donate something, and most guys are great about following thru, but.......you know where I'm going here.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got the VF box of chains. About 10 lbs out of the 45 lbs of chain is basically scrap metal. I understood (after I chose my prize) that this was a grab bag. I do not want to be ungrateful or disrespectful to Scott in any way. Either this was done intentionally or carelessly.

I don't know what to do...and VF believes its ok to send junk. I don't want to step on toes or be unreasonable. Is what I got worth a $10 ticket. ..sure. is it what I was led to believe I would get when I chose my prize...no. so I feel stuck.

S Tebo

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I got the VF box of chains. About 10 lbs out of the 45 lbs of chain is basically scrap metal. I understood (after I chose my prize) that this was a grab bag. I do not want to be ungrateful or disrespectful to Scott in any way. Either this was done intentionally or carelessly.

I don't know what to do...and VF believes its ok to send junk. I don't want to step on toes or be unreasonable. Is what I got worth a $10 ticket. ..sure. is it what I was led to believe I would get when I chose my prize...no. so I feel stuck.

Is there is anything of value in the box at all? If so, can they be reconditioned/sharpened and then listed for sale individually (or as a box lot) with descriptions and photos etc? Maybe you could use those funds toward something of value? Of course, this is assuming that there is anything of value to be salvaged out of the box to begin with. At a minimum, I believe that you should receive a shirt from the general fund.

Scott

S Tebo

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is there is anything of value in the box at all? If so, can they be reconditioned/sharpened and then listed for sale individually (or as a box lot) with descriptions and photos etc? Maybe you could use those funds toward something of value? Of course, this is assuming that there is anything of value to be salvaged out of the box to begin with. At a minimum, I believe that you should receive a shirt from the general fund.

Scott

I have another thought. To the best of my knowledge, as of yet, no one has picked my prize of reconditioning/bluing bars and sharpening chains etc. If you have some bars you want to do, I could also work on these chains as well and pay for all of the shipping (ie; you sorta get my prize as compensation and use it to salvage some of your original prize to keep or sell etc). Of course, if you have a grinder of your own, spare time on your hands and or no bars of your own that need attention, then my offer/suggestion is basically a moot point. It would also be at the discretion of Sarah and the general population. I just thought that I would throw it out there just in case. @Sarahdodgegeek

Scott

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have another thought. To the best of my knowledge, as of yet, no one has picked my prize of reconditioning/bluing bars and sharpening chains etc. If you have some bars you want to do, I could also work on these chains as well and pay for all of the shipping (ie; you sorta get my prize as compensation and use it to salvage some of your original prize to keep or sell etc). Of course, if you have a grinder of your own, spare time on your hands and or no bars of your own that need attention, then my offer/suggestion is basically a moot point. It would also be at the discretion of Sarah and the general population. I just thought that I would throw it out there just in case. @Sarahdodgegeek

Scott
Well this situation sucks, but that is a very generous offer on your part.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very generous scott....thanks. the 35 lbs of chain that is left does have life left. I do need to sort it...and trade it to someone for something I can use. It is unlikely for me to find chain in there I can actually use myself.

I dunno if I have any bars for ya. I'll be in touch...thanks!

Michigan Escapee

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very generous scott....thanks. the 35 lbs of chain that is left does have life left. I do need to sort it...and trade it to someone for something I can use. It is unlikely for me to find chain in there I can actually use myself.

I dunno if I have any bars for ya. I'll be in touch...thanks!

There's a few uses for expired chain that are kind of interesting, like this. http://www.instructables.com/id/BicycleChainsaw-Chain-Damascus-Steel/

Other people also like chain that's just about down to its last few millimeters for whatever reason. Bigger chips maybe.

The bladesmiths are generally the ones who like old chainsaw chain, and while chainsaw people are crazy, they're not quite on the order of blade/swordsmith crazy, or rabid foaming knife collector crazy. As such, the two worlds do not meet much.

Michigan Escapee

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So...what u are saying is....I took the prize nobody wanted. ..kinda like Larry the cable guys sister....I Gotcha now. Don't worry gents...I'll take a hit for the team :)

So, this was said.... Guess "taking one for the team" ain't such a good deal after all. Not when you could have had that sweet sweet brisket action. lol! :BangHead:
Much the same as a regretful morning after being with Larry The Cable Guy's sister. ;P

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, this was said.... Guess "taking one for the team" ain't such a good deal after all. Not when you could have had that sweet sweet brisket action. lol! :BangHead:
  • Much the same as a regretful morning after being with Larry The Cable Guy's sister. ;P

Wow....forgot about that quote. Taking one for the team is starting to feel uncomfortable

Michigan Escapee

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow....forgot about that quote. Taking one for the team is starting to feel uncomfortable

Well, could be worse, someone could have cranked out something on memegenerator based on your misfortune. Oops, too late!

69034828.jpg

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think shirts and the bar bluing

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A shirt would be great. Do I PM someone with address and such?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I don't know what to do...and VF believes its ok to send junk. I don't want to step on toes or be unreasonable. Is what I got worth a $10 ticket. ..sure. is it what I was led to believe I would get when I chose my prize...no. so I feel stuck.[/QUOTE

What's that I hear????.........I think it's a waaambulance!!!:ambulance::jump: