Wood pile pics

darkimpulse

Firewood Hack
Local time
9:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's ~39 cord of my stash. I have 7 more cord stacked elsewhere and another 8 cord or so in a pile waiting to be split/stacked this spring....I'm still adding to that pile though.

I started stacking here in the spring of 2014, so I've processed ~39 cord in less than two years. Just me, two Tree Monkey ported saws, an ATV w/ trailer and a Speeco wood splitter.

Won't be starting to burn any of this until somewhere during the 2017-2018 heating season.

View attachment 12511 View attachment 12512

Here's the 16 cord I cut last winter and split/stacked this past spring. That pile measured 30'x27' and had a height of ~7' across the top. The base measured 90' in circumference at the ground.

View attachment 12514

Here it is after I finished up stacking that pile pictured above.

View attachment 12515

You inspire me to get more wood cut and split this year. Great work!

Dave70

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I had some time today to hit the wood pile. Rolling those big rounds around and getting them under the splitter wears my butt out. They sure do make a bunch of wood though!
125a33924ac9fcd83e66e88b34f98d62.jpg

4ceef8c9aef3e5a9b0dac10d6dee7564.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agent Orange

Stihl trying
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
IMG_20160226_170453731_zpshomatqd7.jpg

Well boys, my rack is full. 4.5' x 22' x 7'= 693' cubic feet. Split fairly small and stacked tight. About 5.5 cords by rough measurement. I've still got quit a bit too buck and split with nowhere to stack it. I believe I'm going to need to add more pallets and extend my rack.

Agent Orange

Stihl trying
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Tried to do that fancy crisscross pattern I see you guys doin on here and I apparently don't have it, LoL! I guess im just a rookie. :)
Looks good to me, nice work.

JRHAWK9

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Just thought I'd mention something regarding your fence posts. When you drive them into the ground you may want to angle them in towards the pile some to compensate for the load they will have on them. Doing so will help keep them in the ground. Think of the force put on the fence post by the wood as a vector, with x and y forces, x being horizontal and y being vertical. The vertical y force is what you can change by just changing the angle you drive the post into the ground with. They way yours are right now, the y force is actually trying to pull the fence post out of the ground because of the way it's angled. Where as if you have the posts angled in towards each other the y force will actually be trying to drive the post into the ground and they will tend to stay in place better.

Cliff

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just thought I'd mention something regarding your fence posts. When you drive them into the ground you may want to angle them in towards the pile some to compensate for the load they will have on them. Doing so will help keep them in the ground. Think of the force put on the fence post by the wood as a vector, with x and y forces, x being horizontal and y being vertical. The vertical y force is what you can change by just changing the angle you drive the post into the ground with. They way yours are right now, the y force is actually trying to pull the fence post out of the ground because of the way it's angled. Where as if you have the posts angled in towards each other the y force will actually be trying to drive the post into the ground and they will tend to stay in place better.
Thanks for the advice, I will try that on the next stack.