Why port?

WI_Hedgehog

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
....Same story with the 395XP vs 066/661. The 661C gets the nod for weight and ergos when putting face cuts in big timber, but the orange cinder block has the torque and double the oiling volume. Really shines when the bar is 42” plus, even if they did put the tensioner in the wrong spot.
This is the dirty secret hiding in the closet people don't want to talk about: Smaller block-size engines putting out more power are lighter, but they burn up sooner. This is why Husky guys love light and powerful Huskys, STIHL guys love long-lasting STIHLs, and ported guys love blippy-rippers.

Of course there's a strong argument the EPA regs choke off a saw's ability to perform at its best, the "government condom." But those are the forces the bearings and shell are designed to handle, and making more power is going to generate more wear; I think we just have to accept that given there's also "more fun on tap."

Increasing cylinder pressure has known outcomes:

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the dirty secret hiding in the closet people don't want to talk about: Smaller block-size engines putting out more power are lighter, but they burn up sooner. This is why Husky guys love light and powerful Huskys, STIHL guys love long-lasting STIHLs, and ported guys love blippy-rippers.

Of course there's a strong argument the EPA regs choke off a saw's ability to perform at its best, the "government condom." But those are the forces the bearings and shell are designed to handle, and making more power is going to generate more wear; I think we just have to accept that given there's also "more fun on tap."

That guy is a *f-wording retard

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Modified chainsaws (with real world work) in mind last just the same as a stock saw.

The argument can be made they last longer because the are more efficient.

I don't watch YouTube to know that, I've experienced it.

WI_Hedgehog

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He's practical. And cheap (he says so right in that video). He's also a self-made millionaire, so he's not stupid, though that doesn't mean everyone wants to drive a Toyota...or run a STIHL.

3:34 same video as above explains it differently, and like @sawmikaze says mentions the less government crap on an engine the longer it'll last.

Kylie Jenner is a billionaire and a fukking idiot.

I wouldn't use that as a metric to measure intelligence.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He's practical. And cheap (he says so right in that video). He's also a self-made millionaire, so he's not stupid, though that doesn't mean everyone wants to drive a Toyota...or run a STIHL.

3:34 same video as above explains it differently, and like @sawmikaze says mentions the less government crap on an engine the longer it'll last.
He’s a self-made millionaire? Or he’s a YouTube made millionaire? There’s quite a difference

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But you care what others say lol

I don't care at all

But... Randy politely asked me one time to not push the bar on his special members, I complied...
He’s a self-made millionaire? Or he’s a YouTube made millionaire? There’s quite a difference

I could make videos of me shaving my *a-hole and *pretty boyes all across this land would tune in and I'd get PAID.

Some of the dumbest mfers on this planet are rich.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

He’s a retard and given the chance I’d shut him up from ever opening his mouth
A lot of stuff he says is pure *B-S....
And he would suck the dick right off a Toyota executive to get one for free
I don't care at all

But... Randy politely asked me one time to not push the bar on his special members, I complied...

I could make videos of me shaving my *a-hole and *pretty boyes all across this land would tune in and I'd get PAID.

So that’s why you are nice to me
lol

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He’s a retard and given the chance I’d shut him up from ever opening his mouth
A lot of stuff he says is pure *B-S....
And he would suck the dick right off a Toyota executive to get one for free

So that’s why you are nice to me
lol

I like you because of how you look without a shirt.

*pretty boy.

WI_Hedgehog

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kylie Jenner is a billionaire and a fukking idiot.

I wouldn't use that as a metric to measure intelligence.
She came from money, that's different. I especially wouldn't take car advice from her. 🤣

If he was an actor/actress playing a roll, then you have a point. He's a mechanic with serious, technical videos.

Your premise applies more toward the entertainment industry, such as:

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
She came from money, that's different. I especially wouldn't take car advice from her. 🤣

If he was an actor/actress playing a roll, then you have a point. He's a mechanic with serious, technical videos.

Your premise applies more toward the entertainment industry, such as:

So it’s ok for him to run his cockhole as long as he has money
Got it
I’m just saying he has a round mouth for a reason

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It goes on and on about like the never ending oil wars .I just try to ignore stupid chit and do my own thing which obviously must work else I'd have cooked a lot of saws by now .Who really cares what brand it is ,they all cut wood .BTW I don't do custom work ,don't ask .

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't care at all

Pics?