Why not. Cordless

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
12:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got the DeWalt 20V stuff and love it. I didn't have anything when I bought them and well 18V is on the way out. I've had great luck with them. I got the drill with 3 speed transmission, 1/4" inpact gun, skillsaw and sawsall. I used them quite a bit when I was building my shed last fall. I use the crap out of the light now. Can leave it on and come back hours later and still bright at hell. Great for when I'm on the Ranger moving snow and I need to check where I need to go next and such. :)
That's the impact I'm talkin bout can't tell if the 20 is stronger or not but I love them

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is a shame that some people think it is appropriate to clutter threads on this forum with their juvenile antics. Another troll has been added to the Ignore list.

You may be onto something Gary

Grimmy

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
That's the impact I'm talkin bout can't tell if the 20 is stronger or not but I love them
Had a friend that sold all his 18V stuff and went 20V. He was under the same impression, that he couldn't really tell, but spec wise I thought the 20V had just a little bit more (less than 10 units of torque difference). I do like the lights on the new stuff and how they work. Newer is just better! :D

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a friend that sold all his 18V stuff and went 20V. He was under the same impression, that he couldn't really tell, but spec wise I thought the 20V had just a little bit more (less than 10 units of torque difference). I do like the lights on the new stuff and how they work. Newer is just better! :D
Them lights are more better

junkman

Crush it
Local time
9:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of these 1/4 drive impacts is a must if do not have one ,i wore my first one out ,this is # 2 i use it a lot for screws .nailers house 5-3-16 008.jpg

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cordless tools are the best thing to happen since cars were invented, with that said I am getting away from them. batteries cost more than a set of them. I hate it when I run out of power on a jobsite. You have to have electricity to charge the batteries anyway so I just take an electrical one. They do have their place I'm sure, just not for me.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cordless tools are the best thing to happen since cars were invented, with that said I am getting away from them. batteries cost more than a set of them. I hate it when I run out of power on a jobsite. You have to have electricity to charge the batteries anyway so I just take an electrical one. They do have their place I'm sure, just not for me.
I keep 4 batterys and 2 chargers ,by the time i kill 2 the other 2 are ready to go

junkman

Crush it
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
why you stealin my tools? I swear that mine!
I have your sawzall ,and jigsaw also that use that battery ,broke the first 2 sawzalls ,little part inside failed on both ,but for 100 bucks on ebay just get a new one ,they work too good not to replace it again .

cantgitright

i am Mastermind's other profile
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
yeah the batteries are insane...that 4 AH battery that junkface has on that impact costs more than the tool itself:rolleye: those do last a long time though...I only have the 2 & 3 AH batteries

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I keep 4 batterys and 2 chargers ,by the time i kill 2 the other 2 are ready to go
I always had 3 or 4 batteries too, they would only last about three years then it would cost more to buy new ones than just buying a whole set of drills and batteries. But I don't use them much in the winter and that's probably what kills them faster.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yeah the batteries are insane...that 4 AH battery that junkface has on that impact costs more than the tool itself:rolleye: those do last a long time though...I only have the 2 & 3 AH batteries
Ebay again ,50 bucks each i think

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought the wife one of them Roomba self vacuuming robots one time. Only paid 100 bucks for it on sale, battery went out after about a year. went to order on online and the cheapest I found was 120 bucks. I throwed all that mess in the trash.lol