Why not. Cordless

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
4:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I like the dewalt *s-word Not to keen on the newer lithium stuff just the old 18v. Got setup long ago and everyone round here has a spare battery when you need em. They tend to hold up well to salty *s-word environments. Milwaukee is great as well I just won't invest in them because of the fact I'd be the only one w those battery's What y'all like. Lincoln makes a fine grease gun battery operated as well

Warped5

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the 18v Dewalt tools as well. Always though they were a tad heavy, but it didn't bother me.

Recently refreshed the herd with new Li-ION batteries. These things are the bomb. Much longer time between charges.

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Milwaukee 28V, found a full set in a carrying bag with 2 batteries and charger at a yard sale for $60. Later added another hammer drill with 2 batteries, charger and case.

cantgitright

i am Mastermind's other profile
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have Milwaukee, both the new M18 lithium tools and the older 18 volt NiCad tools.... old stuff seems to be built much heavier duty than the new stuff, but its also much heavier and runtime is quite a bit less than the lithium...
but none of the big names (dewalt, Milwaukee etc.) compare to Hilti! my buddy is an electrician and he has mostly 14.4 volt lithium tools and they will walk circles around my Milwaukee stuff both in power and runtime....but they also cost 4x what most others cost...

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never even heard of hilti. I guess that why I like the dewalt usually go on sale for round 100 they are pretty tough

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At the farm all out stuff is 18v Dewalt.

It seems that everywhere you look there are used batteries at pawn shops.

My impact driver and drill is a 18v Masterforce, (Menards store brand) I now can't get batteries for them at least from the store because they now switched all their stuff to 20v.

I have my name on a brand new 20v Dewalt drill, impact driver and 4 batteries for $100. I just need to cross my fingers and hope that the guy who pawned them in doesn't come by to buy them back for another 60 days.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
18 volt Milwaukee both old and new. Best drill I ever had though was a 12volt Panasonic.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
1:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hardly use air tools anymore ,I have all m series milwaukee at home for carpentry stuff .the skill saw will eat a battery real fast though .Yes Cantiberight snap-on snap on cordless 001.jpg

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the snap on impact ... It was nice and it lasted the battery didn't I've not bothered getting any new battery's

cantgitright

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have the snap on impact ... It was nice and it lasted the battery didn't I've not bothered getting any new battery's
my buddy has the Milwaukee fuel M18 1/2" impact...that thing is awesome!
I believe Ingersol Rand makes cordless impacts and ratchets now too

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The problem I run into with those are charging the batteries...... The work service truck no one takes care of stuff... So air tools usually all I use . It has a compressor My personal work truck has no inverter on it so I end up w dead batteries. At the shop air is available. I really do like the 18 v dewalt small impact that takes regular bits for carpentry it'll drive fair sized lags without pilot holes

exSW

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Isaw the Milwaukee 18v fold up cordless lightstand couple days ago. Awesome. Not $300.00 awesome though.

Battery not included.

exSW

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The problem I run into with those are charging the batteries...... The work service truck no one takes care of stuff... So air tools usually all I use . It has a compressor My personal work truck has no inverter on it so I end up w dead batteries. At the shop air is available. I really do like the 18 v dewalt small impact that takes regular bits for carpentry it'll drive fair sized lags without pilot holes

Dewalt doesn't have powerport/cigarette lighter powered chargers?
Milwaukee does. Maybe that's why all the towtruck/tiltbed operators use Milwaukee.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
1:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
my buddy has the Milwaukee fuel M18 1/2" impact...that thing is awesome!
I believe Ingersol Rand makes cordless impacts and ratchets now too
I have the v-18 1/2 drive impact ,style before the M series ,it is a heavy pos ,and not the power of the strap on
Never use it so it takes up real estate in the tool box .
I need to cull out the old crap in there have like 8 batterys that quit working need to send off for rebuilds

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dewalt doesn't have powerport/cigarette lighter powered chargers?
Milwaukee does. Maybe that's why all the towtruck/tiltbed operators use Milwaukee.
Honestly not sure? I usually have batteries around for the dewalt stuff anyhow so they get charged at shop home wherever plenty of chargers around. I was saying the nice cordless impacts I don't bother with like snap on for example I usually have air with me on heavy large jobs

cantgitright

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have the v-18 1/2 drive impact ,style before the M series ,it is a heavy pos ,and not the power of the strap on
Never use it so it takes up real estate in the tool box .
I need to cull out the old crap in there have like 8 batterys that quit working need to send off for rebuilds
yeah his is heavy too, its rated for around 500-600 ft. lbs.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dewalt does indeed have a cigarette lighter charger little pricey though bout 100

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At the farm all out stuff is 18v Dewalt.

It seems that everywhere you look there are used batteries at pawn shops.

My impact driver and drill is a 18v Masterforce, (Menards store brand) I now can't get batteries for them at least from the store because they now switched all their stuff to 20v.

I have my name on a brand new 20v Dewalt drill, impact driver and 4 batteries for $100. I just need to cross my fingers and hope that the guy who pawned them in doesn't come by to buy them back for another 60 days.
I'd look at how the 18v batteries mount vs the 20v in the store. It's the same voltage pack with 5 internal li-on cells. Just depends on whether they advertise their stuff at the max 4.2v/cell or at the nominal rating of 3.6v/cell. If they'll mount to your drill, they'll work fine