Where to find IBC Tanks?

woodchipper95

Enthusiast
Local time
2:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am looking for one or two IBC tanks or caged water tanks.

I just want the metal cage part for firewood that I will cut with my chainsaws...(since I posted in the chainsaw forum)

Where or does anyone have these. I am located about 20 minutes north of Harrisburg, Pa?

Also what are people selling a 275 gallon cage of none stacked wood for?

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As far as a source for the cages, should be able to find them on craigslist. Search a few different ways as CL is very specific returning searches. For instance, I know what you're referring to but never heard them called IBC around here. "plastic water tank" "water tank in cage" and so forth may help you to find some.

Regarding the price for loose wood in one, you may need to determine how many cubic feet of wood that is depending on your state laws. Here in Georgia, it is illegal to sell wood by the "load" "stack" "pile" "rick" or any other measure other than the cord or cubic foot. Now that said, I don't know a single person doing time for selling wood by the "load".

R2D

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mulch production yards give em away around here. They get dye delivered in the totes and usually have way to many to try and sell them. Try your local yard.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm about 2.5 hrs north of you and people have them for sale along the road here all the time. I have no idea where they come from but they sell for about a hundred dollars.

skidooguy

Genuine smartass
Local time
12:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
If you have a larger coop or a ag service that does custom spraying they could possibly have some 330 gallon chemical totes. We get slot of different chemicals and fertilizer additives in them. LArger truck shops and equipment shops also tend to have a few laying around.

woodchipper95

Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Heck work might have them we produce mulch and have a few colors! I have found some in people's yards driving around may swing in and see if they'd be interested in selling. I did figure out the cubic footage I have it wrote down at work.

Reactions: R2D

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you thought about just using pallets? ie, pallet on the bottom and four pallets for the sides? steel banding around the walls to keep it from spreading?

Gunn

Yay sawz
Local time
1:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Check craigslist. Search using the keyword "totes". There's a dairy supply near me selling 275 and 330 gallon sized totes for $35.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Try putting a wanted ad on CL. If you just want the frames/cages and not the tank itself, say so. Maybe someone has extras. I've carted them to the scrapyard in the past if I didn't have a need for them...

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you going to put wood in them and send them with the customer? If so, charge a deposit. ie, I'll give you 25 bucks back if you return the cage when you're done with it...

bplust

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Check with dairy and maple people.

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
12:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Any local paint, coatings, adhesives, beverage, food, etc manufacturer will be purchasing raw materials in IBC's (intermediate bulk containers). When I was running the Adhesives Plant in CA we used a fleet container service NCG(National Container Group), and I was using 2-3 truckloads a month of 275 gallon IBC's.

Gravitas

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get get them delivered for $25 each, I buy them twenty two at a time because that is what fits on my guy's trailer.

woodchipper95

Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for all the replies! I'll look around some more I found a guy that has some with weeds all grown up around them... I am not sending them with customers. I do just want the cage I have a few mulch places around here too... I have a good feeling that I'll be able to get them cheaper than $25.