Where everybody knows your name!

2stroke800

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Soo, i know there have been a couple threads started lately about how awesome this site is and how tired we all are about the squabbling pissing matches that always happen on that "other site". Well, its been a while, but i got on that site today to return a personal message and while signed on, did a little reading, and this was the first thread i opened... and the last one before signing out...

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/ms-261-3-8-chain.266362/

This is pretty much the exact reason why everyone here, is here... haha! Kinda funny, but not funny at the same time... thanks again to randy and everyone else for creating us a better place to not have to deal with dick heads like these all the time. Much love!!

Oh, hey randy!! Got a few more tanks thru the 362r, she is stihl throwing BIG chips faster than ever :) thanks again!!

wiersy111

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
WOW what a bunch os !$%^P(%^W!)(&%$W!$$&&%$W$. I had to refrain from typing the foul foul filth and foul that was going through my mind.

a. palmer jr.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sometimes post on both sites but I remember about 3 years ago that one of their members made me so mad that I refused to go back on that site for about a year. There's absolutely no need for all their name calling, especially since you don't know them..

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you look it was someone bringing up a fight thread from two years ago ? Must need hits and some of us went and looked ?
I'd like to be able to sign out permanently. Maybe I'll just remove from favorites !!

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I left that site to come here. I use to get emails saying I had a pm from someone. I finally sent the owners a message asking to delete my account as it was not fair to the people sending messages to a member who never was going to be on there site. They kindly obliged which shocked me.

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Similar situation happened to me today actually.
Couldn't get this site to load, so I wandered over there for the first time in months.
Saw some jackwagon giving false information on a saw so I logged in and corrected him.
Wasn't long after, I realized why I don't go there anymore.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That place thrives on meltdowns produces more traffic to the site it seems.

a. palmer jr.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems there's one fellow on the other site that has to hog all the threads he can and knows all the answers or so he says..I couldn't figure out how to ignore him so I just delete it when he answers something I want to read. Come to think of it there are two people like that.

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems there's one fellow on the other site that has to hog all the threads he can and knows all the answers or so he says..I couldn't figure out how to ignore him so I just delete it when he answers something I want to read. Come to think of it there are two people like that.
AlexCagle? LMAO

Tenderfoot

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ive been lurking on both site for long enough to see that the same thing happens both places. Wouldn't say one is better then the other.

skidooguy

Genuine smartass
Local time
5:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
It's bound to happen sooner or later anywhere but I like how each member respects each other regardless of their opinion here. Issues are resolved with self moderation and staying level headed. I never have been a member of AS and have no plans of doing so but different strokes for different folks. However I'm very happy to be here and have no problems with any members what so ever. It seems a lot less abrasive here from what I've seen so far.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's bound to happen sooner or later anywhere but I like how each member respects each other regardless of their opinion here. Issues are resolved with self moderation and staying level headed. I never have been a member of AS and have no plans of doing so but different strokes for different folks. However I'm very happy to be here and have no problems with any members what so ever. It seems a lot less abrasive here from what I've seen so far.
everyone is well greased here not much friction from anyone.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Soo, i know there have been a couple threads started lately about how awesome this site is and how tired we all are about the squabbling pissing matches that always happen on that "other site". Well, its been a while, but i got on that site today to return a personal message and while signed on, did a little reading, and this was the first thread i opened... and the last one before signing out...

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/ms-261-3-8-chain.266362/

This is pretty much the exact reason why everyone here, is here... haha! Kinda funny, but not funny at the same time... thanks again to randy and everyone else for creating us a better place to not have to deal with dick heads like these all the time. Much love!!

Oh, hey randy!! Got a few more tanks thru the 362r, she is stihl throwing BIG chips faster than ever :) thanks again!!
That place is a joke. Few good members get on anymore. Nothing but self proclaimed experts with egos. Most only cut cookies.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ive been lurking on both site for long enough to see that the same thing happens both places. Wouldn't say one is better then the other.

I wouldn't say the other site is totally useless. However when people disagree over her is more like a discussion than a street brawl. Lets face it, people have their own opinions which I repect. Its how you carry those opinions that make the sites different. I still pop in over there to look for parts, but I do all my reading over here. They've got nothing to offer me as far as learning goes. I feel like part of a community over here as opposed to "proving I belong." So, if you find something that makes you feel good, keep doing it!