High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Whats on the Grill or Smoker?

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
2:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The Camp Chef's are nice...I've got a 90K BTU, Pro 90 3-burner in the shop with wind screen and fold out tables on both ends! It's damn nice with the full griddle (solid steel griddle weighs about 50 lbs if I'm not mistaken) covering all three burners...can sling some serious breakfast with it and does damn good for burgers and dogs and chops!
Mines a 2 burner with a single cast iron griddle been telling wife i need another griddle and i got side tables on mine too jason

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mines a 2 burner with a single cast iron griddle been telling wife i need another griddle and i got side tables on mine too jason
Nice!

Sometimes for mobility purposes, if I've got to move mine out of the shop along with the three fish cookers for fish fries or whatever, I wish I had the two-burner Pro 60...Pro 90 gets a little hefty if you're fooling with it by yourself.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...also got the Grilling Box for mine that covers two of the three burners...works pretty good for steaks, yard bird, chops, asparagus, veggies, etc!

Last edited:

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Beast arrived a little while ago. Obviously from the pic, the grills/smokers in the background, I need this MF’r like I need a hole in my head! I’ve had a couple of gas grills in the past years for the ‘hell with cranking up charcoal/quick grill’ idea, but I wanted another one...and I wanted a damn good one. I couldn’t get the previous gas grills to last more than 2-3 yrs at best, replacing burner plates, etc every year, and both were Brinkmann’s from yrs ago, built outta decent gauge metal.

This is a Weber Genesis II LX, 6-burner with the GS4 system high output/steak searing system, lighted knobs and handle lights that activate when the lid is picked up for the interior for whatcha grillin’, tank gauges, stainless grates, flavorizer bars, etc, etc. Two inches shy of 1,000 total sq inches of grilling surface. 84K total BTU’s...72K in the main, 12K on the side burner. I promise you what you see in the pics, weighs 300 lbs at least, by itself... solid as a tank! And I’ve got to add the left wing, and right 12K btu side burner wing. Little over 6 feet long when the left/right wings are attached.

Merry Christmas from me, to me...I guess! I’m gonna test the limits of this machine with its’ 10-yr warranty on some stuff, lifetime warranty on the rest. I’ll get it put together either this evening or tomorrow after work. We shall see what this thing will do fellas...I’m gonna test the hell out of it, and let’s see if the rave reviews of this machine can stand up!

Navy son and college daughter will be here tomorrow for the Christmas holidays. I’m gonna get it cleaned up and a good oiled, wiped-down burn in...it’ll see action this Sat for a get together here for my son and daughter...gonna do about 75 flanken-style beef short ribs on this thing, while four seasoned, whole yardbirds smoke on theTraeger Pro 34.
1590b49c-2c2c-4a27-beb2-229a2f5b71ee-jpeg.100923

1a0f8d54-1a7d-45d6-b006-d44807e11598-jpeg.100924

:D Green with envy. That is a Cadillac my friend. I'm very much with you on the choice. I cook in many ways, wood, charcoal, gas and electric. My go to method for steaks is gas. I'd love to see some pics of the ribs you cook. Honestly, I've never felt the beef ribs I've cooked were very good (that is not to say they are a poor choice -- but just that my skill level in that area is very low). Enjoy the time with the kids!

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
:D Green with envy. That is a Cadillac my friend. I'm very much with you on the choice. I cook in many ways, wood, charcoal, gas and electric. My go to method for steaks is gas. I'd love to see some pics of the ribs you cook. Honestly, I've never felt the beef ribs I've cooked were very good (that is not to say they are a poor choice -- but just that my skill level in that area is very low). Enjoy the time with the kids!
Thanks buddy! On the beef short ribs, they're cut what is known as flanken-style, no thicker than a 1/4", usually I try to get them cut at an 1/8". It's a cross-section style cut perpendicular to the ribs, vice parallel to the rib. You'll end up with three/four little rib discs in each approx. 8-10" short rib.

They grill pretty quick so its a baste/flip/baste/flip kinda thing because of their thinness and the marinade that includes Kikkoman soy sauce. I marinate them for a few hours in big plastic bowls (usually get about 15-20 short ribs crisscrossed fashion in the bowl, 5-6 each direction...as you keep adding short ribs, the marinade rises to cover them) with a marinade of one beer, about 1 cup of white distilled vinegar, 3/4 cup of Kikkoman soy sauce, and a healthy dose of regular black table pepper. Make the same separate marinade concoction again for the basting after they hit the grill. If you grill them one time like this, everybody and their brother will ask that you grill'em again and again...I guarantee it!

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
1:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Beast arrived a little while ago. Obviously from the pic, the grills/smokers in the background, I need this MF’r like I need a hole in my head! I’ve had a couple of gas grills in the past years for the ‘hell with cranking up charcoal/quick grill’ idea, but I wanted another one...and I wanted a damn good one. I couldn’t get the previous gas grills to last more than 2-3 yrs at best, replacing burner plates, etc every year, and both were Brinkmann’s from yrs ago, built outta decent gauge metal.

This is a Weber Genesis II LX, 6-burner with the GS4 system high output/steak searing system, lighted knobs and handle lights that activate when the lid is picked up for the interior for whatcha grillin’, tank gauges, stainless grates, flavorizer bars, etc, etc. Two inches shy of 1,000 total sq inches of grilling surface. 84K total BTU’s...72K in the main, 12K on the side burner. I promise you what you see in the pics, weighs 300 lbs at least, by itself... solid as a tank! And I’ve got to add the left wing, and right 12K btu side burner wing. Little over 6 feet long when the left/right wings are attached.

Merry Christmas from me, to me...I guess! I’m gonna test the limits of this machine with its’ 10-yr warranty on some stuff, lifetime warranty on the rest. I’ll get it put together either this evening or tomorrow after work. We shall see what this thing will do fellas...I’m gonna test the hell out of it, and let’s see if the rave reviews of this machine can stand up!

Navy son and college daughter will be here tomorrow for the Christmas holidays. I’m gonna get it cleaned up and a good oiled, wiped-down burn in...it’ll see action this Sat for a get together here for my son and daughter...gonna do about 75 flanken-style beef short ribs on this thing, while four seasoned, whole yardbirds smoke on theTraeger Pro 34.
1590b49c-2c2c-4a27-beb2-229a2f5b71ee-jpeg.100923

1a0f8d54-1a7d-45d6-b006-d44807e11598-jpeg.100924

I had a Weber genesis silver for 12 years and Thai summer I ran into a steal of a deal on a new one that is all stainless steel. I didn’t get the big one like you but i did get the 3 burner with the side burner. Weber does stand behind their warranty as I parts replaced under that warranty. I have used mine a bunch already this year and will continue to use it all winter. I just pull it out of the shed each time in the winter but in the summer it sits on the patio with the cover on it.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We go to a mom and pop meat market and all we buy to grill are boneless beef ribs.there cheaper and a great cut.we get them custom cut about an 1 1/4 thick and grill them low and slow on weber there awsome

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We go to a mom and pop meat market and all we buy to grill are boneless beef ribs.there cheaper and a great cut.we get them custom cut about an 1 1/4 thick and grill them low and slow on weber there awsome
Those sound really good. I've never seen them around here but I do have a boning knife. I can't imagine it would take too long to bone a couple slabs of ribs.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got the Weber Genesis II LX 6-burner put together...just gotta do a good initial burn and his ass is ready to roll. Built like a damn tank...I guarantee ya it’s 400lbs or better!
3D7124AB-1702-4CDA-8E57-31AEA62362F1.jpeg B6CA6624-784F-43CF-9E67-27D5DA939B35.jpeg

Last edited:

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Love to fire him up today but not gonna happen. Got the Traeger Pro 34 rolling with a big Boston Butt and some whole yardbirds.
Pics please!!!
What have you determined are the best pellets?
I know you were testing several different brands and typs.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had some pulled pork from a guy that's been asking me about cooking -- I can say that he has become a full disciple of smoked meat.
The pork he cooked was tender, tasty and pretty much needed nothing. Love to see the younger dudes catching on to cooking their
own meat.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hope to be cold smoking some more bacon in a couple days, This just came out of the cure today, Hmmm, ( Got to love home made bacon )

Attachments

• 101_2452.JPG
    101_2452.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 101_2453.JPG
    101_2453.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 101_2455.JPG
    101_2455.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 101_2454.JPG
    101_2454.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 7

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was 17* this morning, with a 20mph wind out of the North. Perfect time to fire up the smoker.
Here's six slabs of baby back ribs that I did with a Carolina rub and a spritz of apple juice and vinegar every couple of hours. I ended up cooking them for an hour longer than normal. Every time I opened the smoker to spray them, I lost about 60* and it took a while to get the temp back up.
My folks came for dinner. We ate a slab and a half and vacuum packed the rest for my dad to take home. He loves them.
image.jpeg

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well I got about 5 hours of smoke on the sides today, Steve the temperature is perfect for smoking here, not been over 32 for a few days. I will put some smoke on it every other day for about a week and it should be looking good. Can't wait!

Attachments

• 101_2489.JPG
    101_2489.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 101_2489.JPG
    101_2489.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 8

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Was 17* this morning, with a 20mph wind out of the North. Perfect time to fire up the smoker.
Here's six slabs of baby back ribs that I did with a Carolina rub and a spritz of apple juice and vinegar every couple of hours. I ended up cooking them for an hour longer than normal. Every time I opened the smoker to spray them, I lost about 60* and it took a while to get the temp back up.
My folks came for dinner. We ate a slab and a half and vacuum packed the rest for my dad to take home. He loves them.
View attachment 104158

I am sure he does love them, I love them from here! :campeon: