What oil provides 'unusual' fuel color?

livemusic

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I read that Amsoil gives fuel a blue color? That's cool and would be handy but, dang, that stuff is expensive. Wondering if there is another good oil that gives color.

Also, is Stihl HP Ultra (silver bottle) a good oil? I have a six-pack of the 2.6 oz bottles, just wondering about using it. Seems I have read the orange bottle Stihl isn't good but the silver bottle is but I'll leave it to you guys!

I've been using canned fuel but have been cutting quite a bit and that stuff is also expensive!

I do have a source for e-free gas in my area. One place has either 87 or 89 and another place has 3 different gasolines, I think it's 87 to 92 range. But I also think I have read that higher octanes really don't matter in a chainsaw? More controversy!

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I read that Amsoil gives fuel a blue color? That's cool and would be handy but, dang, that stuff is expensive. Wondering if there is another good oil that gives color.

Also, is Stihl HP Ultra (silver bottle) a good oil? I have a six-pack of the 2.6 oz bottles, just wondering about using it. Seems I have read the orange bottle Stihl isn't good but the silver bottle is but I'll leave it to you guys!

I've been using canned fuel but have been cutting quite a bit and that stuff is also expensive!

I do have a source for e-free gas in my area. One place has either 87 or 89 and another place has 3 different gasolines, I think it's 87 to 92 range. But I also think I have read that higher octanes really don't matter in a chainsaw? More controversy!
I don't care for the Stihl hd Altra I use the original Stihl in the orange bottle and higher grade fuel is way better than cheap garbage especially if you're saw has been modified......

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can buy little bottles of dye in various colors that's made for gasoline. Many 2T oils have no dye and are just golden oil. Blue is easy to see through the white semi clear gas tanks.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
11:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl oil...sucks!!
e93d9d20fd3082289254747f3e82ea52.jpg