What oil is best? and what ratio?

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
1:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another variable, are you going to rank weed eaters by abuse taken in oil testing? This might be the most important part of all of this!!!!
Only if I can weigh them too.
Ill tell ya what, my echo string trimmer tips over like it was a 346. Sideways balance is critical.

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've talked to the techs at Amsoil and they have said that Dominator is an older formula that is designed 2 make engines live through a race or race weekend and then torn down at whatever interval is determined. Not sure how this relates to saws at all except lots of people I know are very happy with it in saws as far as I can see. When I asked him questions between Interceptor and Dominator for my KTM woods bike he asked me how often I tear down the engine to inspect. I said uh ....never lol and don't want to unless I have to. Obviously, this is for larger dirtbike engines and sleds. I run saber just because I have had really good luck with it and like what I see when I peek in the exhaust port and plug hole. The saws I have been in to look well oiled down below.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most two cycle oils are older formulas, so I wouldn't let that bother me. Until someone preforms a long term tes of some type, I'd run a different mix through the saw if it was going to sit for a long time. But that's what I'd do.

Last edited:

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is the concern really about an engine sitting for a long time, or just lots of hours of actual use? I hadn't got the impression either way with what was said on the spec sheet.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
12:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is the concern really about an engine sitting for a long time, or just lots of hours of actual use? I hadn't got the impression either way with what was said on the spec sheet.
I don’t think the concern is about sitting as much as it is an oil that is meant for all out race applications where the engine gets hot enough to properly burn the oil. There are better options for non-race applications.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
5:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've talked to the techs at Amsoil and they have said that Dominator is an older formula that is designed 2 make engines live through a race or race weekend and then torn down at whatever interval is determined. Not sure how this relates to saws at all except lots of people I know are very happy with it in saws as far as I can see. When I asked him questions between Interceptor and Dominator for my KTM woods bike he asked me how often I tear down the engine to inspect. I said uh ....never lol and don't want to unless I have to. Obviously, this is for larger dirtbike engines and sleds. I run saber just because I have had really good luck with it and like what I see when I peek in the exhaust port and plug hole. The saws I have been in to look well oiled down below.
Orange woods bike? Tell me moar said the White woods bike owner.