What oil is best? and what ratio?

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very expensive use for it. I used some 927 and stihl orange bottle for that as well
Did the 927 not do well? I have a little I haven't tried yet, is why I was asking.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did the 927 not do well? I have a little I haven't tried yet, is why I was asking.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

It does if you are running a saw real hard milling or in the heat of the summer. It will make a mess being castor in the winter. I ended up with 1-2 ounces left so I used it for that

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You have 3 and 4 flip flopped. My signature will show the rankings. No need to post them here. A couple of you, watch your pm notifications.
Yuppers
BUT ..........
When I posted them, that was the order.

I figured someone else would post updates

Great work Egg !!!!
Appreciate all your hard work and time you’re spending with this stuff !!

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
7:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We are good bud. No worries.
Why not run your test at 32to1 to 50to1 to see exactly what the oils are doing in conditions people actually use their equipment in? Really no point in seeing what the oil will do at 300to1? The oil wont react the same at 50to1 as 300to1? Just curious. Just seems more productive to test at ratios that people use

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good point Keith
Yes Im running the Blue Marble oil in my ported 346xp in real world use with a 18" bar buried over several gallons just to see what it does for me. Looks like a good oil but doesnt mean it will react for someone else uses as it will for me. Ill use the Dominator in the 562xp for awhile and tear both saws down to see what they look like and make my decisions at 40to1 with the 87 pump gas I use. That will tell me what I need to know

Last edited:

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool. I wonder if same oil reacts the same or differently in a stock saw or ported saw?
I dont think so. Its pretty conceivable that its not reacting at 50to1 as 32to1. I want to test oils I use at the ratio and fuel I use in each equipment I use. Pretty good chance they will react differently in a weedeater and a large cc saw also

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
People already are conducting their own testing at the ratios they run just from everyday usage are they not? I ran a "test" for 15 years plus on Blue marble at 25:1-40:1 in many engins. No problems. Besides, you think testing at ratios nobody will use brings out the feelers, what do you think would happen if I did it at ratios people actually run? People asked for this in one of these threads, OPE or AS, or both. I don't remember. Less oil till failure. Thats why I'm doing it this way and that's the only way I'll be doing it.
Carry on.
Just a thought and nothing personal man. Keep up the good work for all the fellas that are interested in your test. They are interesting and I wish you could see past all this messiness here and conduct your test for all to see. Have a good Fathers day brother:)

porsche965

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brings to mind a Mike Tyson quote:
"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."
Stress brings out the weaknesses in everything. Space shuttles, automobiles, marriages and even oils. Without stress everything gets a pass. That's why milling is also revealing.
Does anyone have pictures of an oil related failure at 32:1 cutting firewood?

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes. Very true Keith. A chainsaw operates at much higher RPMs and produces much higher heat.

I just noticed recently that my oil cocktail produces different results when milling vs. Regular useage. Lol
Much higher heat, much more load, WOT beginning to end. Burns with no spooge. Lol

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dont think so. Its pretty conceivable that its not reacting at 50to1 as 32to1. I want to test oils I use at the ratio and fuel I use in each equipment I use. Pretty good chance they will react differently in a weedeater and a large cc saw also
You are welcome to donate a $1500 large saw for testing.

Sawrain

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why not run your test at 32to1 to 50to1 to see exactly what the oils are doing in conditions people actually use their equipment in? Really no point in seeing what the oil will do at 300to1? The oil wont react the same at 50to1 as 300to1? Just curious. Just seems more productive to test at ratios that people use

I haven’t seen anything on this 300:1 testing, but it makes sense from an accelerated test schedule point of view.

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sadly the ‘extreme duty’ testing isn’t of much use to me since I can’t actually see it. If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around, does it make a sound?.. is very similar to testing oils (or anything) without sharing results...if an oil is clearly best would anyone but the experimenter know? I’m not a pro at anything, so I’ll be fine doing what I was doing before oil wise, but mores the shame we can’t openly share potentially educational info on a public forum....after all, isn’t that what this and other sites are for?

Last edited:

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sadly the ‘extreme duty’ testing isn’t of much use to me since I can’t actually see it. If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around, does it make a sound?.. is very similar to testing oils (or anything) without sharing results...if an oil is clearly best would anyone but the experimenter know? I’m not a pro at anything, so I’ll be fine doing what I was doing before oil wise, but mores the shame we can’t openly share potentially educational info on a public forum.
Amen