What oil is best? and what ratio?

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What web site are you using? I still get 404 error using the website on the jug of oil. There is this, http://www.bluemarbleofmi.com/?Display=home
but he is just the distributor for Michigan. He didn't even know the company's site no longer exist. The parent company, Envirofuels L.P. won't answer phones, and most of the numbers are disconnected.

That is the site I visited and I guess I didn’t realize it was just a distributor

Oh well...

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought about it. Just tired of the ratio rite hassle.

I like these bottles

I got mine at Home Depot with some cheap oil I just dumped in my motorhome

Mine holds 16 oz and measures 1 to 4 oz

I refill from quarts of oil

iu

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
9:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup. That's what was reading after i already tried it at 40.

3browns, I had those cox engines as well. And quite afew larger nitro engines in rc cars. None that I had were ringed. There is a slight taper fit at the top of the cylinder. That taper and the oil seal it up pretty effectively. There are ringed nitro motors as well but I think most of those are in helicopters and planes.

I tried it at 32:1 milling and it did burn and leave a hard carbon on the piston. But it did protect extremely well. The smell was pretty strong and I went away from it for that.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah that could get old fast with stank a$$ oil

For sure. The most I ever burned was 2.5 gallons in about 2 hours. I ran out or I’d burned more. It was red armor and the log was wide enough and long enough I had to refuel mid cut.

I say skip pictures that aren’t carnage or piston and plugs.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For blowing up, I'd put a load on that engine (short circuited hydraulic pump, or large model airplane propeller) and run a very rich mixture of 30% nitro glow fuel through it.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, but mixing in gas could work too. The hard part would be getting it rich enough on nitro

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, but mixing in gas could work too. The hard part would be getting it rich enough on nitro

Pump gas and nitro don’t mix together. Buying RC fuel with methanol is the best way to go.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pump gas and nitro don’t mix together. Buying RC fuel with methanol is the best way to go.
I've found nitro to stay mixed in gas long enough for a tank of run time, but that was in very low concentrations.

RedGas

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Any way you could get some butane into the fuel? I've heard that gasoline sometimes contains butane and that this can cause it to boil in the fuel tank.

If not butane, what about feeding propane straight in through the air intake? You'd need more oxygen to get proper combustion, but I'm thinking that nitromethane could supply the extra oxygen...

Just trying to help you hasten the
ShabbyNegligibleKoi-size_restricted.gif

Last edited: