jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
2:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't do discounts or favors anymore.

If I'm using my tools someone is payin..I had people take advantage of my willingness to help too many times.
Buy you a beer? Does that count. I do for some real friends. They don’t really know how to help They try though.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bring this with me when I cut. I bring extra chains, but as long as it is just a touch up, I use same chain. Just easier for me.
7f98cb321955992e62f885a73aab6238.jpg
1e90813ef3d32500af254d627b8d6cc0.jpg
166899c956c76614b848cf0551b23793.jpg
ac6a26bb1ac081c86b72590365cd727e.jpg
17b4bc4fb0f16f284152f353d4c8bcdb.jpg
Does that vice go in your receiver hitch. I’m confused by the picture. Help me out clam man. I want a vice on a hitch. That could be a special thing

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Buy you a beer? Does that count. I do for some real friends. They don’t really know how to help They try though.

I'll help you carry every piece of furniture out of your house if you move...no charge.

But when the tools come out and it starts costing me money to help you the circumstances change.

I put a 20 square roof on for a "friend" in 2010 and I've been waiting for the free dinner ever since.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes. It goes into the receiver hitch. But I made a little contraption to extend it and raise it a bit. Lol
It is a Wilton 4x4 off road vice. I think that is what it was called. It is pretty nice to have.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll help you carry every piece of furniture out of your house if you move...no charge.

But when the tools come out and it starts costing me money to help you the circumstances change.

I put a 20 square roof on for a "friend" in 2010 and I've been waiting for the free dinner ever since.
I’d be pretty salty if I did the roof and never got the free dinner. If I move I’m callin you homie. Buy you a beer and a thirty of your flavor

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’d be pretty salty if I did the roof and never got the free dinner. If I move I’m callin you homie. Buy you a beer and a thirty of your flavor

If you were close I'd be the first one there with my truck and trailer ready to go.

"Friends".. exactly.. its funny who your friends are when they need something.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Next month I'm goin on a nice job with a guy that owns a service/excavation biz that we do a lot of work with and I'm gonna get to run the balls outta some of my ported saws..there's acres that are gonna get handcut because of the terrain..nice day rate too.

Ryan, do you mind if I ask you what you'd charge for a day rate in that situation? I'm doing something similar this week. Today was my second day on the job. I brought my Kubota on my trailer (using the trailer as a table for rounds also) with a Farmi winch and my three point splitter. The job is for a good friend, so I'm giving him a family rate, but still making money and covering my expenses. I'm kinda charging him my hourly like I would for cutting wood with my own saws, plus a reasonable day rate for the tractor. I'm interested to know what you're gonna charge for a similar type deal.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ryan, do you mind if I ask you what you'd charge for a day rate in that situation? I'm doing something similar this week. Today was my second day on the job. I brought my Kubota on my trailer (using the trailer as a table for rounds also) with a Farmi winch and my three point splitter. The job is for a good friend, so I'm giving him a family rate, but still making money and covering my expenses. I'm kinda charging him my hourly like I would for cutting wood with my own saws, plus a reasonable day rate for the tractor. I'm interested to know what you're gonna charge for a similar type deal.

Not at all muh friend.

That's tough for me to answer not knowing your whole situation buddy.

I'm making 275.00 a day to take my ass..my saws..my fuel..my oil and any other miscellaneous tool I may use.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is a fair price Ryan.
I prefer to do 2 small jobs a day. $150-$200 jobs each. Decent days pay when you're done.
Everyone is happy . Lol

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I prefer to do 2 small jobs a day. $150-$200 jobs each. Decent days pay when you're done.
Everyone is happy . Lol

I have to factor in my insurance and all that stuff, I can't go work for him without a liability policy...Im basically a sub-contractor when I work for him.

My buddy that owns the business offered it..seemed fair to me.

I figured about 5 days on my end in it...maybe 6.

Last edited:

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everyone is happy . Lol

What kind of insurance policy do you have ?
Mines relatively cheap.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not at all muh friend.

That's tough for me to answer not knowing your whole situation buddy.

I'm making 275.00 a day to take my ass..my saws..my fuel..my oil and any other miscellaneous tool I may use.

Seems very reasonable. I'm charging $30/hr for me, saws, fuel, tools, etc. Then I'm charging $100/day to have the tractor on site. I think I'm gonna average about 3 tach hours on the machine per day.