“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
2:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm just to dumb to get out.:smash2:
Farming is a lifestyle. It definitely isn't for everyone. The sad truth about things is that the family farm is being destroyed and swallowed up by industry. It's almost impossible for a guy with 100 acres and 100 cows to make a living now a day. Especially when the farm down the road has 10 full time employees, milks 1000 cows around the clock and has over 1000 acres to play with.

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Farming is a lifestyle. It definitely isn't for everyone. The sad truth about things is that the family farm is being destroyed and swallowed up by industry. It's almost impossible for a guy with 100 acres and 100 cows to make a living now a day. Especially when the farm down the road has 10 full time employees, milks 1000 cows around the clock and has over 1000 acres to play with.

Labor is a big part of the problem.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmmmm...where is the best place to get a rebuilt head for a 2.0 Jetta. Lost the timing belt on mine about 6 months ago, and haven't taken the time to fix it. I haven't torn into it yet...wanting to make sure I have the proper parts first. Hoping I'll only need a rebuilt head. Research I have done has told me, as an interference motor..that is the least I am looking at.

Put a belt on it first and see what happens. That engine is very simple to put one on. Last time I had an AEG break a belt (due to a w/p failure) a belt and pump got it back on the road. Whereas it may be an interference engine you get lucky sometimes.

Oh, I play an auto mechanic to pay the bills.

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
2:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
umm, I don't do nothin' worth braggin' bout....

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm kind of a jack of all trades, grew up on the farm, went to school for auto tech and was an ASE master tech for 5 years, then a millwright for 4 years and now for the last 8 years I have been a maintenance technician/metal fabricator for a pharmaceutical company.

Hammy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Farmer so I manage a retail store to pay the bills. Building up a Boer goat herd currently plus raising our own beef, chicken and vegetables. Debating adding a couple pigs in the spring to enable the bacon adiction. Also raising an almost 2 year old daughter while my wife works off farm as well. Busy but life is good.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm a mechanic at a coffee roasting factory. You know that green mermaid one with twin tails?
And I grow specialty melons as a side line. Anyone want a cup of coffee?

Can you add amplifiers to the roasters? Their coffee would be so much better if they heard the first crack and didn't wait until they smelled smoke before stopping the roast.