High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What do you weld with ?

the GOAT

87, k2 40:1
Local time
1:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I've used GFCI breakers in my last few houses. They don't nuisance trip nearly as often as the outlets for whatever reason. Though when selling the house the home inspectors getting all excited and just about trip over themselves when they walk into a bathroom or kitchen and don't see a a GFCI outlet... All in an attempt to justify there ridiculous fees to walk through a house and come up with petty BS. I just smile and say ok...sometimes they catch their mistake when they look at the panel. Other times the buyer uses the "defect" to try and negotiate a lower price.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
10:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've used GFCI breakers in my last few houses. They don't nuisance trip nearly as often as the outlets for whatever reason. Though when selling the house the home inspectors getting all excited and just about trip over themselves when they walk into a bathroom or kitchen and don't see a a GFCI outlet... All in an attempt to justify there ridiculous fees to walk through a house and come up with petty BS. I just smile and say ok...sometimes they catch their mistake when they look at the panel. Other times the buyer uses the "defect" to try and negotiate a lower price.
I think i had to run those breakers in the bedrooms to meet code for some reason ,can not remember why but had to have the breakers with little button on them .

And my sub panel breaker boxes could not share the ground and neutral bar like the main panel .

cantgitright

i am Mastermind's other profile
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
pretty sure arc fault breakers are code now for most locations in a house...its just retarded, nevermind crazy expensive!

the GOAT

87, k2 40:1
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Last I knew it was arc fault for bedrooms and ground fault for wet areas. Breakers are available for both.

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I mentioned 3 phase, I have to go move two air compressors now and one of them is a 3 phase and that thing is huge. Big old cast iron triple headed monster. Ain't figured out how I'm gonna move it yet, other one is decent sized but it's 240. It used to be a welding shop, it was my FIL's. they sold all the miller equipment. It was also a radiator shop and he done sandblasting. I worked the blaster for him some, we would go to the customer. it was a diesel powered one, a huge hopper that would hold 25 bags of sand. It was all set on a triple axle trailer. I used to climb in grain carts and under them to blast them. I had a complete hood on with fresh air pumped in. You couldn't see nothing inside them carts once the sand started going and you didn't want to hit any part of your body with the nozzle end. it would leave a nasty wound. We blalsted a chicken crap spreader one time and I regretted that. After we finished it and painted it, the guy used it to spread chicken crap in a couple fields close by and you couldn't stay outside. It didn't rain for a long time after he did it too.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds right Mr. Goat ,been a few years since i had to be into those boxes now,i just remember i was told had to have them at the time to pass so i put them in .

cantgitright

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
as of 2014...
210.12 Arc-Fault Circuit-Interrupter Protection. Arcfault circuit-interrupter protection shall be provided as required in 210.12(A) and (B). The arc-fault circuit interrupter shall be installed in a readily accessible location.
[ROP 2�116]
(A) Dwelling Units. All 120-volt, single phase, 15- and 20-ampere branch circuits supplying outlets or devices installed in dwelling unit kitchens, family rooms, dining rooms, living rooms, parlors, libraries, dens, bedrooms,
sunrooms, recreation rooms, closets, hallways, laundry areas, or similar rooms or areas shall be protected
as described by (1), (2), (3), or (4).[ROP 2�80, ROP 2�82a, ROP 2�85]
(1) A listed combination type arc-fault circuit interrupter, installed to provide protection of the entire branch circuit.
[ROP 2�92]
(2) A listed outlet branch circuit type arc-fault circuit interrupter installed at the first outlet on the branch circuit
where all of the following conditions are met: [ROP 2�92]
a. The branch circuit over current protection device shall be a listed circuit breaker having an instantaneous
trip not exceeding 300 amperes. [ROP 2�92]
b. The branch circuit wiring shall be continuous from the branch circuit overcurrent device to the outlet
branch circuit arc-fault circuit interrupter.[ROP 2�92]
c. The maximum length of the branch circuit wiring from the branch circuit overcurrent device to the first outlet shall not exceed 15.2 m (50 ft) for a 14 AWG or 21.3 m (70 ft) for a 12 AWG conductor- .[ROP 2�92]
d. The first outlet box in the branch circuit shall be identified.[ROP 2�92]
(3) A listed outlet branch circuit type arc-fault circuit interrupter installed at the first outlet on the branch circuit
where the portion of the branch circuit between the branch-circuit overcurrent device and the first outlet is
installed using RMC, IMC, EMT, Type MC, or steel armored Type AC cables meeting the requirements of
250.118 and using metal outlet and junction boxes. [ROP 2�92]
(4) A listed outlet branch circuit type arc-fault circuit interrupter installed at the first outlet on the branch circuit
where the portion of the branch circuit between the branch-circuit overcurrent device and the first outlet is
installed using a listed metal or nonmetallic conduit or tubing encased in not less than 50 mm (2 in.) of concrete.
[ROP 2�92]
Exception No. 1: If RMC, IMC, EMT, Type MC, or steel armored Type AC cables meeting the requirements of
250.118, metal wireways, metal auxiliary gutters, and metal outlet and junction boxes are installed for the portion of the branch circuit between the branch-circuit overcurrent device and the first outlet, it shall be permitted to install an outlet branch-circuit type AFCI at the first outlet to provide protection for the remaining portion of the branch circuit. [ROP 2�102]
Exception No. 2: Where a listed metal or nonmetallic conduit or tubing or Type MC Cable is encased in not less than 50 mm (2 in.) of concrete for the portion of the branch circuit between the branch-circuit overcurrent device and the first outlet, it shall be permitted to install an outlet branch-circuit type AFCI at the first outlet to provide protection for the remaining portion of the branch circuit. [ROP 2�103]
Exception No. 3: Where an individual branch circuit to a fire alarm system installed in accordance with 760.41(B) or 760.121(B) is installed in RMC, IMC, EMT, or steel sheathed cable, Type AC or Type MC, meeting the requirements of 250.118, with metal outlet and junction boxes, metal wireways or metal auxiliary gutters, AFCI protection shall be permitted to be omitted. [ROP 2�109]
Informational Note No. 1: For information on types of arc-fault circuit interrupters, see UL 1699-2011, Standard for Arc-Fault Circuit Interrupters. [ROP 2�92]
Informational Note No. 2: See 29.6.3(5) of NFPA 72- 2010, National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code, for information
related to secondary power supply requirements for smoke alarms installed in dwelling units. [ROP 2�92]
Informational Note No. 3: See 760.41(B) and 760.121(B) for power-supply requirements for fire alarm systems.
[ROP 2�92]
(B) Branch Circuit Extensions or Modifications � Dwelling Units. In any of the areas specified in 210.12(A),
where branch-circuit wiring is modified, replaced, or extended, the branch circuit shall be protected by one of the
following:
(1) A listed combination-type AFCI located at the origin of the branch circuit (2) A listed outlet branch-circuit type AFCI located at the first receptacle outlet of the existing branch circuit Exception: AFCI protection shall not be required where the extension of the existing conductors is not more than 1.8 m (6 ft.) and does not include any additional outlets or devices. [ROP 2�115]

cantgitright

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I mentioned 3 phase, I have to go move two air compressors now and one of them is a 3 phase and that thing is huge. Big old cast iron triple headed monster. Ain't figured out how I'm gonna move it yet, other one is decent sized but it's 240. It used to be a welding shop, it was my FIL's. they sold all the miller equipment. It was also a radiator shop and he done sandblasting. I worked the blaster for him some, we would go to the customer. it was a diesel powered one, a huge hopper that would hold 25 bags of sand. It was all set on a triple axle trailer. I used to climb in grain carts and under them to blast them. I had a complete hood on with fresh air pumped in. You couldn't see nothing inside them carts once the sand started going and you didn't want to hit any part of your body with the nozzle end. it would leave a nasty wound. We blalsted a chicken crap spreader one time and I regretted that. After we finished it and painted it, the guy used it to spread chicken crap in a couple fields close by and you couldn't stay outside. It didn't rain for a long time after he did it too.
whats3phasecompressorsgottodowithmywelders?

junkman

Crush it
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
as of 2014...
210.12 Arc-Fault Circuit-Interrupter Protection. Arcfault circuit-interrupter protection shall be provided as required in 210.12(A) and (B). The arc-fault circuit interrupter shall be installed in a readily accessible location.
[ROP 2�116]
(A) Dwelling Units.
All 120-volt, single phase, 15- and 20-ampere branch circuits supplying outlets or devices installed in dwelling unit kitchens, family rooms, dining rooms, living rooms, parlors, libraries, dens, bedrooms,
sunrooms, recreation rooms, closets, hallways, laundry areas, or similar rooms or areas shall be protected
as described by (1), (2), (3), or (4).[ROP 2�80, ROP 2�82a, ROP 2�85]
(1) A listed combination type arc-fault circuit interrupter, installed to provide protection of the entire branch circuit.
[ROP 2�92]
(2) A listed outlet branch circuit type arc-fault circuit interrupter installed at the first outlet on the branch circuit
where all of the following conditions are met: [ROP 2�92]
a. The branch circuit over current protection device shall be a listed circuit breaker having an instantaneous
trip not exceeding 300 amperes. [ROP 2�92]
b. The branch circuit wiring shall be continuous from the branch circuit overcurrent device to the outlet
branch circuit arc-fault circuit interrupter.[ROP 2�92]
c. The maximum length of the branch circuit wiring from the branch circuit overcurrent device to the first outlet shall not exceed 15.2 m (50 ft) for a 14 AWG or 21.3 m (70 ft) for a 12 AWG conductor- .[ROP 2�92]
d. The first outlet box in the branch circuit shall be identified.[ROP 2�92]
(3) A listed outlet branch circuit type arc-fault circuit interrupter installed at the first outlet on the branch circuit
installed using RMC, IMC, EMT, Type MC, or steel armored Type AC cables meeting the requirements of
250.118 and using metal outlet and junction boxes. [ROP 2�92]
(4) A listed outlet branch circuit type arc-fault circuit interrupter installed at the first outlet on the branch circuit
installed using a listed metal or nonmetallic conduit or tubing encased in not less than 50 mm (2 in.) of concrete.
[ROP 2�92]
Exception No. 1: If RMC, IMC, EMT, Type MC, or steel armored Type AC cables meeting the requirements of
250.118, metal wireways, metal auxiliary gutters, and metal outlet and junction boxes are installed for the portion of the branch circuit between the branch-circuit overcurrent device and the first outlet, it shall be permitted to install an outlet branch-circuit type AFCI at the first outlet to provide protection for the remaining portion of the branch circuit.
[ROP 2�102]
Exception No. 2: Where a listed metal or nonmetallic conduit or tubing or Type MC Cable is encased in not less than 50 mm (2 in.) of concrete for the portion of the branch circuit between the branch-circuit overcurrent device and the first outlet, it shall be permitted to install an outlet branch-circuit type AFCI at the first outlet to provide protection for the remaining portion of the branch circuit. [ROP 2�103]
Exception No. 3: Where an individual branch circuit to a fire alarm system installed in accordance with 760.41(B) or 760.121(B) is installed in RMC, IMC, EMT, or steel sheathed cable, Type AC or Type MC, meeting the requirements of 250.118, with metal outlet and junction boxes, metal wireways or metal auxiliary gutters, AFCI protection shall be permitted to be omitted. [ROP 2�109]
Informational Note No. 1: For information on types of arc-fault circuit interrupters, see UL 1699-2011, Standard for Arc-Fault Circuit Interrupters. [ROP 2�92]
Informational Note No. 2: See 29.6.3(5) of NFPA 72- 2010, National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code, for information
related to secondary power supply requirements for smoke alarms installed in dwelling units. [ROP 2�92]
Informational Note No. 3: See 760.41(B) and 760.121(B) for power-supply requirements for fire alarm systems.
[ROP 2�92]
(B) Branch Circuit Extensions or Modifications � Dwelling Units.
In any of the areas specified in 210.12(A),
where branch-circuit wiring is modified, replaced, or extended, the branch circuit shall be protected by one of the
following:
(1) A listed combination-type AFCI located at the origin of the branch circuit (2) A listed outlet branch-circuit type AFCI located at the first receptacle outlet of the existing branch circuit Exception: AFCI protection shall not be required where the extension of the existing conductors is not more than 1.8 m (6 ft.) and does not include any additional outlets or devices. [ROP 2�115]
Are these nation wide or local only codes ?