High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Landscape truck build

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
update on it. found the title. it was in a folder with half a dozen other titles that had fallen down between my desk and filing cabinet. Hadnt made much progress on it up until about a week ago when circumstances forced me to quit working on other stuff and get this truck back in the shop to finish it up.

AS 199.jpg AS 201.jpg

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
ranger is on the road and working now but still working out some kinks and finishing up a few odds and ends on it. driveline vibration is killing me so i am breaking down and actually gonna take the shaft in to a shop tomorrow to have it balanced and checked for trueness.....kills me to pay someone to do that, built probably 50 driveshafts for various vehicles over the years without ever running into vibration issues but i am assuming my time was up and i screwed this one up when i pressed it back together and welded it.

ended up swapping out the used cheap/free air compressor i had for a new Viair 2.4cfm compressor and also added another air tank for a total storage of 12 gallons. a quick parts run this morning consisting of 40 miles of twisting state routes and the compressor never kicked on vs the old compressor and 3 gallon tank the compressor would have been running for what seemed like half the trip.

Still need to get the winch mounted, mount my work lights on the headache rack, and do some tweaking to the air suspension.......i only installed a single leveling valve located on the passenger side frame rail but that has resulted in the truck leaning to the driver side by 1- 1 1/2" so i got another leveling valve to add on, that way both sides will be independent of each other and always maintain the same height even if i load heavy on one side.

severely underestimated just how nice this thing would be compared to dragging a trailer around all the time.

AS 192.jpg AS 193.jpg AS 194.jpg AS 202.jpg

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
driveshaft vibration is gone. both halves were out of balance and the vibration had taken the carrier bearing out already.

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
decided on another upgrade as soon as time allows. it needs new gears, 3.73's just arent cutting it with the taller tires and extra weight of hauling 1200lb zero turns. factory tires are 27" tall vs 33" for the tires that are on it. Going to swap to 4.56's first chance we get, that should put some pep back in her step.

motoOzarks

motoMonster
Local time
4:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
good project.
with that long of a driveshaft you could add another transmission and keep the tall gears for unloaded times

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Late to the game but very cool build! Did you ever do the gear swap?