2:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No farms in Hawaii or Alaska??? [emoji16]

Yeah but apparently not enough to attract that kind of retail stores

Especially on this island, Molokai

Only about 7,500 full time residents

It is still rural and agriculture oriented but just not enough people to warrant anything close to TSC, Menards, etc

We have a Napa auto that handles a bit of Hooski and Maruyama, an ACE hardware that only has the lowest end consumer stuff, and a True Value that's also low end consumer grade OPE

I either ship supplies from Alaska before I head over, pick stuff up on Maui if we go shopping, or buy online

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the tradeoff

My wife took this about an hour ago

The hill is just across the canyon where our property is and is part of 5,550 acres that belongs to our homeowners association exclusively for our use

upload_2020-1-9_17-12-53.png

PJLink

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use husqvarna x-guard bar oil, get it real cheap, so to me, its not worth hunting around for anything else. I like the tackiness of it, and have no problem oiling a 32" bar with it on my 390XP. The only thing i do is add one quart of ATF to one gallon of oil during winter cutting - helps the oil flow better without loosing any of the tackiness from what i can tell.

Last edited:

MarcS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure how large their distribution network is but Essence bar oil is awesome. Bought about 30 gallons before a price increase a few years ago so I don’t know what it’s priced at now. Really good stuff.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So what do you use. I’m running some synthetic gear oil cut down with diesel fuel. No additives/tackifiers. Why am I wrong? I was running a 32” bar today. Plenty of oil on the chain. So what’s all the voodoo of using real bar oil? I’m notorious for using automatic transmission fluid as well.

Why should I buy bar oil? What do y’all use. I’m cheap

Running the best bar and chain oil you can find is way cheaper than replacing the bar prematurely IMO.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
6:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
87DC6DDF-8379-4190-8CD6-9A333FA5D7FC.jpeg I don’t seem to have much premature wear. Most bar oil is recycled oil. The boys that run canola swear by it. No tack in canola. Just curious. I’ve run a little bit of everything on that bar. It’s had its rails dressed quite a bit but it’s also ver old. Just a laminate husqvarna bar

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 217840 I don’t seem to have much premature wear. Most bar oil is recycled oil. The boys that run canola swear by it. No tack in canola. Just curious. I’ve run a little bit of everything on that bar. It’s had its rails dressed quite a bit but it’s also ver old. Just a laminate husqvarna bar

Guess it’s like running “boat oil” in a chainsaw

Whatever works for ya...

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went to the NAPA store today assuming that since they sold Hooski saws and stuffs they could get Hooski bar oil

Not so much...

:confundio1:

Back to the drawing board

lol