High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Well, my search for a builder is over... HOORAY 288!

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Coming together. Made the finishing touches to the ports and assembly now underway. Had to clearance the intake partition wall on the cases a fair bit as well as the third intake elbow mounting tab so the cylinder would seat fully without torqing the intake tract. IMG_20180324_122218116.jpg

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We'll, made some cookies in 22" hard maple and this thing is STRONG! Compression came in at 180psi hot, going to get a cold reading too. I was able to tune it to 13.3k but that was a touch thin after a cut. I think it's happiest at 13k and that's where I left it.

Josh will be posting a vid here shortly. It's the same log we cut on in the vids posted earlier in this thread. We tested against his 288 with a different bar and chain. My 288 is running a more aggressive chain and an 8-pin sprocket to Josh's 7 and mine was noticeably stronger through the cut be it letting her eat or dogging in. Overall very happy with how this came out!

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We'll, made some cookies in 22" hard maple and this thing is STRONG! Compression came in at 180psi hot, going to get a cold reading too. I was able to tune it to 13.3k but that was a touch thin after a cut. I think it's happiest at 13k and that's where I left it.

Josh will be posting a vid here shortly. It's the same log we cut on in the vids posted earlier in this thread. We tested against his 288 with a different bar and chain. My 288 is running a more aggressive chain and an 8-pin sprocket to Josh's 7 and mine was noticeably stronger through the cut be it letting her eat or dogging in. Overall very happy with how this came out!
I've noticed my 288 is like my 395, they run best a tad rich

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've noticed my 288 is like my 395, they run best a tad rich
I agree. I think that it takes more work from hands more skilled than mine to coax more than 13.5k out of these saws with the longer stroke and older style closed port cylinders. I know some builders do it, I'm just not at their level at this time. These big dogs don't need to lay down sky-high RPM numbers to he strong in the cut on larger hardwoods.

I am very pleased with how this 288 turned out. Thanks and a tip of the hat to @rattler for his services cutting the base and squish as well as for offering some advice on this build. :)

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I agree. I think that it takes more work from hands more skilled than mine to coax more than 13.5k out of these saws with the longer stroke and older style closed port cylinders. I know some builders do it, I'm just not at their level at this time. These big dogs don't need to lay down sky-high RPM numbers to he strong in the cut on larger hardwoods.

I am very pleased with how this 288 turned out. Thanks and a tip of the hat to @rattler for his services cutting the base and squish as well as for offering some advice on this build. :)
13k is plenty rpm for a big saw for big wood.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That thing looks like it cuts awesome even in froze hardwood! Sounds badass too. Good job Joe, Josh and Rattler too.
I think you’re going to be very very happy my friend. We would’ve done cuts with mine too but I switched to a 7 pin sprocket so it wouldn’t have been an even comparison. Even with my saw having a gearing advantage your cylinder was faster and holding higher rpm in the cut.

I really like the 7 pin on my 288, keeps the Saw in its peak power better.

Daserlon

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm impressed just watching the videos. I cant wait to put it on my saw and find the biggest chunck of wood I can find. Great job guys.

I run 7 tooth on all my saws but maybe an 8 tooth will be more appropriate for this one.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Dale, I think this cylinder will pull an 8-pin in fir species and do it with gusto. I'm very much looking forward to your feedback. :) Just don't forget to grind down the lip on the cases where the intake partition rides as well as the the tab on the bottom of the intake elbow where it bolts to the carb box floor. The cylinder will exert alot of pressure on the intake tract if those areas are left as-is.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Joe and Josh saw looks great youns done a dang fine job
It was all Joe Mike. I only helped in deciding on numbers and gave an occasional eyeball when asked by Joe. He really went all out trying to get every little detail perfect for Dale. Thanks again for shrinking that chamber down, that definitely added some more bite to its bark...lol
:beer-toast1:

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was all Joe Mike. I only helped in deciding on numbers and gave an occasional eyeball when asked by Joe. He really went all out trying to get

every little detail perfect for Dale. Thanks again for shrinking that chamber down, that definitely added some more bite to its bark...lol
:beer-toast1:
I tell you what you gentlemen are very Welcome Joe sure did some purty grinding on that cylinder for sure