High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Well, my search for a builder is over... HOORAY 288!

traffic903

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't even check mine when I did the base gasket delete and put the new ring in. But I do know that squish was as low as 15 thou without the gasket. I made up a coke can gasket to get me to 18.5. Would that indicate Mahle cylinder?

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I didn't even check mine when I did the base gasket delete and put the new ring in. But I do know that squish was as low as 15 thou without the gasket. I made up a coke can gasket to get me to 18.5. Would that indicate Mahle cylinder?
It's entirely possible. Look on the base if the cylinder, it will say Mahle or KS

traffic903

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's entirely possible. Look on the base if the cylinder, it will say Mahle or KS
Have to check. Had her out today cutting some white and yellow box. Compression is definitely starting to come up with the new ring breaking in. And it just wants to rev too!! I've got it tuned way rich still and it pulls 13500 with ease. I don't really know how high to let her go when fully broken in, but I would imagine north of 14000 would be a breeze for this saw. If I even slightly relax the pressure currently it just four strokes hard.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well I received the Mahle cylinder from Rattler that he cut the base and band for me the other day (thanks bud!) and finally got some time to get this project back on the rails today.

Swapped in the crank that Daserlon sent (another tip of that hat Dale) and got the bottom end back together. Everything went pretty smooth and I got started with the porting of the cylinder getting the exhaust port done except for the final finishing bringing it to 98 deg and widening it a bit. Squish with no gasket came in right where Rattler wanted, bout .022"-.023" doing the quick check method through the spark plug hole. He got .0215-.022 on his setup cases and I'm sure that's what I would get if I did the 4-point method. All is well in that area. Kudos to Mike for a job very well done!

Planning to work on it some more tomorrow after work. Going to go after the transfers, looking to flatten them and bring them up to about 118 from the 120/124 they currently sit at with the tapered opening. Only took a couple of pics today.

It's like deja Vu all over again! Lol!IMG_20180311_103441410.jpg IMG_20180311_125551694.jpg

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
11:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I received the Mahle cylinder from Rattler that he cut the base and band for me the other day (thanks bud!) and finally got some time to get this project back on the rails today.

Swapped in the crank that Daserlon sent (another tip of that hat Dale) and got the bottom end back together. Everything went pretty smooth and I got started with the porting of the cylinder getting the exhaust port done except for the final finishing bringing it to 98 deg and widening it a bit. Squish with no gasket came in right where Rattler wanted, bout .022"-.023" doing the quick check method through the spark plug hole. He got .0215-.022 on his setup cases and I'm sure that's what I would get if I did the 4-point method. All is well in that area. Kudos to Mike for a job very well done!

Planning to work on it some more tomorrow after work. Going to go after the transfers, looking to flatten them and bring them up to about 118 from the 120/124 they currently sit at with the tapered opening. Only took a couple of pics today.

It's like deja Vu all over again! Lol!View attachment 115787 View attachment 115788
Good deal glad to see this back going again.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah, we've had old man winter show back up here over the last week or two. If we weren't dealing with the noreasters, it kept snowing an inch or two overnight prompting that 2:45am phone call to go to work early. Lots of OT! :)

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
11:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, we've had old man winter show back up here over the last week or two. If we weren't dealing with the noreasters, it kept snowing an inch or two overnight prompting that 2:45am phone call to go to work early. Lots of OT! :)
Hopefully you get a little break from all the storms. Looking forward to seeing this done, and how it compares to the ks cylinder.

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

It's like deja Vu all over again! Lol!View attachment 115787 View attachment 115788
Joe you are very Welcome my Friend anytime and also glad to see this thread back can't wait to see her run