High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Well, my search for a builder is over... HOORAY 288!

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
10:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here’s the videos gents. And let me just say that this saw rips! Stark difference between this saw and mine. Great work Joe, and a big thank you to Mike @rattler for cutting the base and squish.

Two demerits for cutting out on the first cookie. Other than that... looks pretty solid. Good work!

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Dale, I think this cylinder will pull an 8-pin in fir species and do it with gusto. I'm very much looking forward to your feedback. :) Just don't forget to grind down the lip on the cases where the intake partition rides as well as the the tab on the bottom of the intake elbow where it bolts to the carb box floor. The cylinder will exert alot of pressure on the intake tract if those areas are left as-is.
How much do you take off of the tab on the elbow?

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
How much do you take off of the tab on the elbow?
I didn't measure, just ground and test fit till she settled in. I'd say I reduced the thickness of the tab by 1/4 to 1/3. How much needs to be removed depends on how much was removed from the cylinder base

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well, Dale's cylinder is boxed up and ready to be sent off. A kind member here who was following this thread and saw what happened with the first cylinder sent me a non-decomp KS cylinder so I can run my 288. It's all swapped on with just a BG delete now. I have another saw to port and close a trade deal I have in the works with PA_Dan so that is my next priority. I'll make my 288 badass later this year, we are getting close to the time for working our saws rather than working ON them.

All in, this has been a fun thread and a heck of a journey what with the setbacks, work, and life in general. I'm looking forward to running my 288 just the way she is right now.. In fact, I think I'll be using a 2-series 2-saw plan this year, the 242 and the 288...might not even get any of the 3-series saws out?? Should be fun.

HOORAY 288! :D

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So are you still thinking that you prefer the was the mahle runs compared to the ks? After porting its probably little different between them. The saws ive messes with that had jugs change brands during production runs the mahles ran the for me almost everytime.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We'll, I can say that I put a little more effort into the transfers of the Mahle than I did the KS after some suggestions from Josh and Rattler Mike. That said, I don't think that alone can account for how much drastically stronger the Mahle ran compared to the KS. I really feel that the Mahle is better to begin with than the KS...at least the older KS cylinders. I'm looking forward to seeing Josh's current production KS when he pulls it to do some work. I predict we will find his KS to be very similar in port size and layout to the Mahle.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last edited:

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know some guys tune really really safe (milling tune) for break in. Myself i tune it for the extra oil usually 25:1 and pretty sharp tune. Then i keep it heavily loaded no piss revs till broke in. Many ways to skin the cat and the fat tune works too. I just always did it this way figuring that the sharp tune and heavy load seated the rings the fastest. I mean i tune them as quick as possible and get it into wood as quick as i can. Not knocking what your doing one bit just my .02. Nice team work on this build guys.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No sir! At a minimum that gap needs to be filled with 254, 262, and 272.

Well I know for sure the 262 spot is getting filled!

Just bought a 254... You guys might stand to make money in the futures markets! LOL!

So now I have as many 2-series as I do 3-series, and in short order! Jan 1st of this year I completed my first 2-series saw, the 242. So in 4.5 months I went from one to four! LOL!

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
7:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just bought a 254... You guys might stand to make money in the futures markets! LOL!

So now I have as many 2-series as I do 3-series, and in short order! Jan 1st of this year I completed my first 2-series saw, the 242. So in 4.5 months I went from one to four! LOL!
Good deal. So another build thread coming up?

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good deal. So another build thread coming up?
Not real soon, this one is a runner that just has a crack in the cylinder cover! :)

But I will be tearing the 254 and 262 down to replace the crank bearings and seals, just because they are older saws.. So there will eventually be build threads if anyone is interested in basic overhauls. But I think Josh covered both models with his build threads pretty nicely.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
7:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not real soon, this one is a runner that just has a crack in the cylinder cover! :)

But I will most likely tear it and the 262 down and replace the crank bearings and seals, just because they are older saws.. So there will eventually be build threads if anyone is interested in basic overhauls. But I think Josh covered both models with his build threads pretty nicely.
Well we need pics lol.