Welcome To The 12 Saws Of Christmas

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
6:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You just make the bushings like a cap that goes over the ends of the pin. That way the bushing holds the pin, and the circlip holds the bushing. Of course you still drill a hole in the center of the bushing to lighten it. Does this make sense?

Sì.

Did you her me?

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who's got their saws done?

I'm looking at doing a 036 with a 044 top end.
Was thinking the same.

It's still in the CC limit the rules stated.

I'm gonna split the case and have the deck milled. That way, all the jug drop doesn't overly thin the base. I'll have more leeway that way.

A 10mm 044 piston should work just fine. If you're bushing for a 12mm piston, why not add a 52, or better yet, a 54mm big bore top end. The CC limit may be exceeded, but WTF. If you're gonna dance, dance.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What carb will you be using @Mastermind?

I've been looking for a bigger carb for the 036 and it's a tough one.

The stock boot orifice is tiny. An 038 boot is plug and play with a mucho larger bore, but I've found it makes the saw a slug with tons of spitback. I believe that the small bore and the anti reversion stippling of the stock boot is part of how this saw runs so well with the usual 82-84 teardrop intake after dropping the jug.

I think a carb swap will require a lot of customization for the linkage to work. The impulse line should be simple to reroute.

This is good stuff.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What about using an 038 mag cylinder & piston? Would that be more straight forward?

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You just make the bushings like a cap that goes over the ends of the pin. That way the bushing holds the pin, and the circlip holds the bushing. Of course you still drill a hole in the center of the bushing to lighten it. Does this make sense?
I must be thinking about this wrong but are you shortening the pin to utilize the brass caps?