drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
8:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got the 028S jug. Now I know why there's not much info on this hybrid. The tunnels are HUGE and the jug won't fit on the case.

It's gonna require an awful lot of welding and machine work to make this happen. Even just to set the jug down to see if the timing will make things possible.

The flywheel will need to be turned down, for sure. But the PTO side tunnel may hit the clutch itself.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd be interested in any discoveries you make for the 036 carb.

One interesting thing I found out was that an 038 boot fits great and is much larger. But, it makes less power with the low intake these saws wind up at. I think the small boot blocks flow backwards as much as it does forwards.

A stock 036 boot has a tiny diameter.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd be interested in any discoveries you make for the 036 carb.

One interesting thing I found out was that an 038 boot fits great and is much larger. But, it makes less power with the low intake these saws wind up at. I think the small boot blocks flow backwards as much as it does forwards.

A stock 036 boot has a tiny diameter.

Al, do you think that maybe with a higher intake the 038 boot would allow max flow and the port could close quicker to prevent backflow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Al, do you think that maybe with a higher intake the 038 boot would allow max flow and the port could close quicker to prevent backflow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You'd most likely have to upgrade the whole intake tract (carb) but there isn't too many options

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 362 is still in a pile and a big pile at that. There like a big women all girdled up,look pretty good until you peel her out,then she's all over the place.

My boss likens that the same as opening up a bag of insulation. Haa-ha