Was a Moe 394, now a Joe 395

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
7:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have to be careful running straight line in a husky for the fuel line. If you make it too long in the tank it won’t move around with the gas when on it’s side ect, running out of fuel. If you shorten it enough it works, and take care not to kink it between the tank/carb base. Pigtail line is just easier to work with.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don’t want to get this awesome thread off the tracks...BUT, does the line you used hold up better than the husky pigtail line Kevin? Thanks bud
The Husky pigtail fuel line is installed, this Oregon fuel line is being used for the vent line

Have to be careful running straight line in a husky for the fuel line. If you make it too long in the tank it won’t move around with the gas when on it’s side ect, running out of fuel. If you shorten it enough it works, and take care not to kink it between the tank/carb base. Pigtail line is just easier to work with.
While I do agree with everything that you wrote, I still should say that I have a bunch of OPE running around that has this exact Oregon line in it. One is a Husky 395. Going on 7 or 8 years now

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Husky pigtail fuel line is installed, this Oregon fuel line is being used for the vent line

While I do agree with everything that you wrote, I still should say that I have a bunch of OPE running around that has this exact Oregon line in it. One is a Husky 395. Going on 7 or 8 years now
Been using straight line (echo 5 and 6mm) cause I wanted something in bulk. Works fine just have to route it good. Also use it for impulse. Do you have a part number for the Oregon line you use?

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is this yellow fuel line ethanol friendly? Last better than the black rubber fuel/impulse lines?

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is this yellow fuel line ethanol friendly? Last better than the black rubber fuel/impulse lines?
Yes Jeff
See post 205 Jeff ...............

Moving a little more forward, and using a ring, dead nuts timing numbers pictured belowIMG_3469.JPG
The line below is 100 degIMG_3464.JPG

The line below is 120 degIMG_3467.JPG and I'm shooting for 100/120/80 after porting is finished.

Just a converted RS to Kevorized RSL
IMG_3462.JPG IMG_3463.JPG

Last edited:

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dont really need much, rakers are stock, the file will take care of that grabby gullett.
That wheel probably is getting a little thin around the perimeter....................
Try dressing the top first and then the side of the wheel. It leaves it a bit thicker

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, I know, slow

Work has me busier than a one legged rabbit in a hopping contest, then I’ve got the 4 kids that keep me driving around everywhere. I’m hoping to get some porting done on her today, but I still have to get some more sleep before I get to work again tonight.

I did get something done on her

B310790C-CE9E-4E4D-839D-493AA7434D91.jpeg

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, I know, slow

Work has me busier than a one legged rabbit in a hopping contest, then I’ve got the 4 kids that keep me driving around everywhere. I’m hoping to get some porting done on her today, but I still have to get some more sleep before I get to work again tonight.

I did get something done on her

View attachment 171438
I know you’re busy Kev, just keeping this on the front page where it belongs.:D