Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
7:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mr Moparmyway, 245# ??????? You have to be Captain America to start that......... Lol.....

If anyone can do it, Kevin can do it. He is a big, strong guy! [emoji106]

He is, didn't you know that. Kevin is an alias, his real name is Steve Rogers. ;)

Mr Moparmyway, 245# ??????? You have to be Captain America to start that......... Lol.....

He is, didn't you know that. Kevin is an alias, his real name is Steve Rogers.

Mr Onan18, now that's real funny............ Good thing I wasn't drinking a beverage, things could have been flying......... Lol

You guys have had too many beverages.

My 6’1” tall spaghetti thin son starts freak. It’s mostly all technique

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you ever met Mike in person? He starts high compression 90cc saws like most people start a Wild Thing. :pesas:
Of course I have Joe. Many times. We're on Team Stihl together. [emoji106]

riverrat2

Semper Fidelis
Local time
6:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking of making a vid of that. I use a loop of 1" nylon (about 12"), put one end around my right wrist like a dog leash, then put it over the pull cord handle and hold the loop together with the left hand (almost like a golf club hold).

Put my right foot through the handle, the left foot on the near side of the top handle (kind of over the recoil as much as possible), then just pull up with both hands. Works great! I could never start this beast with just a one hand pull.
Sweet,

Thanks for posting, I will give it a try on my 6 & 7 cube units!!!!!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mr Mustangmike, I am a old man and I am interested in how you start these high compression saws. I have a problem with my high compression saws. As I got older, I went to my smaller saws as my go to saw. A vld would be nice so us older guys to see your method of starting the saw. Thanks.

Here you go, MustangMike 2 hand starting the MS 710, and noodling some Elm to boot! Sorry for the pic angle, I did not have any help and was in a hurry (what's new), but you get the idea. When you step in the top handle with the left foot, try to keep it on the recoil side, not in the middle, works much better.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
People can make fun of my 2 hand start if they want, but it beats the crap out of leaving your fingers on the ground!

Also, that saw balances perfectly with a 24" E bar, too bad they don't sell them any more! Glad I got a couple when they were available. Much lighter and cheaper than an ES bar, and far cheaper than an ES Light! I also like that I was able to get them in .063.